1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Screen Tearing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by scoddri, Jun 17, 2017.

1. scoddri

scoddri Orbital Explorer

NOTE: Video capture does not show the accompanied screen tearing, only shows the 'clunky' movement from side to side (not of the character, of the scenery and everything else)

Please for the love of god somebody help me with this. I've done all the known fixes for this, I've given the game time for the updates to roll out to potentially fix it... nothing. I've had this issue since the day ive bought it, and it gives me a headache when I play this game. I originally powered through it (and beat the main questline) but this has become so aggravating I don't want to play anymore.

Attempted fixes:
    - VSync off
    - VSync on (Hardware)
    - Radeon RAMdisk
    - Run as Administrator
    - Reinstall (clean)
    - Disable Steam overlay
    - Windows compatibility mode (W7, W8)
    - Run game as 32-bit
    - Run game in different resolution (720p)
    - Run game in windowed
    - Run game in borderless windowed
    - Run Starbound - UNSTABLE
    - Run Starbound_OpenGL.exe
    - Factory reset

None of these solutions worked.

Mods:
    - A.V.I.A.N.

Specs:
    Radeon Software Version - 17.1.1
    Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
    Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    Memory Size - 4096 MB
    Memory Type - GDDR5
    Core Clock - 1000 MHz
    Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
    System Memory - 16 GB
    CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor

When Recording the game, game suffered 3 crashes (assumed OBS incompatibility?)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Kamika

Kamika Guest

I have the same issue! Its way worse on planets :( And non o fixed you mentioned not working. It's a bit better when you force 60 fps in radeon settings... but its far from perfect. I was playing 1.0 and almost all early access builds and everything was fine. I want now play again and i can't cuz tearing is horrible :(

3. jdecola

jdecola Space Hobo

did anyone end up helping you with this? Having the same issue on my wife's computer...almost identical. Would like to add that I also tried using FPS boost mod from this site to no avail.

4. Bucketman86

Bucketman86 Aquatic Astronaut

I've been having the same issue since launch. If its in fullscreen I get the tearing whenever I move. I have tried turning vsync off and changing all kinds of setting for my graphics card and nothing has worked. I can't play the game like this, everything was working fine until maybe 2 days after launch, then it started.