1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Screen tearing problem

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Phyrex, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

Im getting pretty bad screen tearing when im on my ship, in big settlement like glitch castles and sometime on planets when theres a lot going on or when im using my hoverbike too fast. Im not getting any at the outpost tho even tho lots of people with similar issues mention thats where the bulk happened.

Possibly relevant information.
    My ship is quite crowded with NPCs and various objects and whatnot, were talking 10 crew and about 6~7 farm animals.
    I did some checks and my CPU and GPU arent taxed and im not getting fps drops when it happens either.
    I was told it might be a Vsync issue but i still get the problem wether i turn it on or off. Sometime i dont get the problem at all for a certain time strangely. (no apparent reason behind that tho.)

technical info
    i have an i5-4460 and a GTX970 rolling on windows 10 64bit, i play the game on 1920x1080 borderless window

Mod wise im using enhanced body shape, weapon dps and food description.
    The issue still happen when i take them off however.

Id like it to maybe have some suggestions on the short term, its really annoying and ruining the fun :(

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Where did you turn vsync on and off? Is your nvidia driver setting overriding application settings? Which vsync option is selected in the driver?

~ Iris ~

3. Phyrex

Turned it off in the game file.
    Isint Vsync supposed to fix screen tearing ?

Idk how to go play in my driver's settings

4. Iris Blanche

These settings are located in the nvidia control panel.

~ Iris ~

5. Phyrex

computer wont let me open it. i can find it in the search bar but it does nothing and google isint helping. ugh

6. Iris Blanche

Try reinstalling your nvidia driver in that case.

~ Iris ~