1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Screen blacks out after taking a screenshot

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by endertrot, Aug 23, 2016.

1. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Title, mostly. It's really really annoying, because i love building, and id love to post stuff to the screenshots thread, but this issue makes it so that i have to restart the game every time i take a screenshot :( Oh, and i have only experienced this since 1.0, it always worked in beta. So can someone please help me?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide all necessary information (your OS and your specs). Your starbound.log could also be a good idea (but i don't think it'll show something about the issue)

~ Iris ~

3. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Uhh, Windows Vista home premium, 4GB Ram, and Intel core 2 duo processor. Yeah, my computers really old, but it still works and runs most games fine.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Which GPU do you have?

~ Iris ~

5. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Bumping, since I'm reporting the same issue, with the screen blacking out as soon as I take a screenshot.

For those curious as to what specs my PC has, unfortunately, I don't know how I can quickly examine them. All I know is that it's an old Sony laptop that runs on Windows 7.