1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Scorched city and poison ocean city mix up? just give them both the

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, Jun 30, 2017.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

The backround on the scorched city planets dosen't match With the metal buildings that are spawning there.
    The buildings are white protectorate concrete or hull panel blocks in the backround while the buildings spawning on the ground are made of gray iron blocks.

random starbound scorched city planets.png
    upload_2017-6-30_16-53-27.jpeg

random google pictures to show the protectorate concrete buildings in the backround.

i may be wrong but in fact it actually looks like the buildings spawing in the scorched landscape was meant for the poison ocean planets.
    because all the buildings in the backround and spawning are made of iron blocks.

random screen shot from starbound poison planet.png

anyway we could just have it that the buildings spawning in the scorched city planets are also spawning on the poison ocean city too, because we sorely need more buildings on the poison ocean city.

also make some new buildings made of painted hull panels blocks on the Scorched city so it lines a little better up with the backround.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    STCW262 likes this.
  2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible that they aren't mixed up, and they were protectorate buildings on the scorched planet and what is there now is either crudely put together or that they just have their paint corroded off? Which might also be why they look more iron on poison planets because acid rain will corrode buildings very quickly.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The building on toxic worlds are actually oil rigs.

4. Palicence

Are you sure they look like sky scrapers, which would indicate a civilized life and why the planet is now raining acid is form over population, and also pollutants.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Yes. The file name is literally "oilrig.png".

xaliber likes this.
  6. Palicence

Oh I never looked through the code.

7. General Nuclear

i just now figured out that buildings on the scorched planets are the same as those on earth so most likely they where meant to be used in the backround for a return misson to earth in which i really hope they make.

8. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

random starbound scorched city planets.png
    This stray pixel always bothered me

Ickura likes this.
  9. General Nuclear

10. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's just floating there not affected by gravity