1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[sbuniverse.net] Starbound Universe: Painstakingly Mapping the Stars

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by stumblinbear, Dec 7, 2013.

1. lupadim

lupadim Pangalactic Porcupine

There is just one coordinate... I will contribute with some

Also, OP, maybe you could get some people to work at approving some coordinates, I could do that job myself.

2. Hexerin

Hexerin Existential Complex

an easier solution would be to add a "report broken" button to each coordinate listing, that you can use to report a coordinate as either broken by generation updates or that is false in the first place. this would allow the entire community to help with that, rather than just a select few.

3. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

Not a bad idea. High chance for that to be put in :3

Elate likes this.
  4. stumblinbear

I'm actually making a system so more people can help with checking and approving coordinates. But, more needs to be submitted before doing that ;)

5. stumblinbear

Okey dokey, the rep system is done! Go ahead and start thumbing-up or thumbing-down those coordinates :D

6. lupadim

It works fine, but maybe we should be able to change our rating? Also, I bet your website is going to be very famous

7. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

The second coordinate listed in the alpha section doesn't exist. There is no atria system visible, unless I'm just missing it.

8. stumblinbear

Been thinking of a way on how to do that, just got an idea :3
    Expect an update in a few minutes :D

9. stumblinbear

Okay, you can change your rating now :D

10. stumblinbear

Me thinks I should start working on ordering the list. Like, ordering by reputation and stuff.

11. lupadim

Awesome! The website is perfect, we just need to wait for more people to find it and start writing coordinates. I will probably look at the coordinates topic and start throwing some at your website

12. stumblinbear

Why thank you kind fellow! Also, nababoo said they'd feature it in the next Vector Squared, so excited to possibly get a little more attention. :D

I had the brief thought to expand the site to more than just coordinates, but then I'd have to compete with all the other sites. I like to do one thing good, rather than 4 things average :3

13. lupadim

Well, there are many possibilities, but most of them are being made by the wiki probably (poorly, of course)

14. stumblinbear

I'll think about adding a few more things to it, if you have any suggestions just tell me. :D

15. lupadim

Having one page for each biome with some basic information about it, and coordinates with that specific biome would be great

16. stumblinbear

Not sure what you mean, you can just search for the biome and get coordinates to it :3

17. stumblinbear

Common guys, I need help filling up this database! :D

18. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you checking the coordinates yourself? Some of the ones I tried didn't match the descriptions or the systems just weren't there.

19. stumblinbear

Hmmmmm, how very peculiar. I may have put down the incorrect sector. I'll double check them tomorrow.

20. GameQB11

GameQB11 Phantasmal Quasar

cool site. I like how its coming along. It has an official look with the menus.. I think you overuse the digital font though. It tires my eyes trying to read the listings.