1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[sbuniverse.net] Starbound Universe: Painstakingly Mapping the Stars

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by stumblinbear, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

The clickable link is missing a colon (starts with http//), site is nice tho.

2. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

Well, sincestarbound updated, I tried, and none of the coordinates worked anymore. So I purged the database and am starting over :3

3. Vaalis

Vaalis Space Hobo

4. stumblinbear

5. stumblinbear

Thank for submitting your coordinates!

Updated the site on the backend a bit, should be a little faster now. :D

Vaalis likes this.
  6. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Had a thought, maybe you could add in some report/vote functionality on the site, so you don't have to manage co-ords yourself? Maybe you could do something like this:

1. You can vote on co-ords, user tracking could be IP or login based.
    2. When searching, you can sort by score and filter by min/max score.
    3. Scores on the main page are the highest rated co-ords within the last X days (7?).
    4. You (or other admins if you have them) could look for co-ords that have a bad enough score and remove them to save database size.

I could help you with the site if you like. I have some experience with PHP/HTML/MYSQL, not a lot, but I can still help. I have some cool ideas floating around I could discuss...

Also, some consideration for smaller screens would be nice, mine is 1024x768 so the site is too wide.

7. stumblinbear

I was afraid that it would be a bit big, I'll do my best to shrink it down a bit. I like the voting idea, but, in the long run, it wouldn't save database size. Because I'd have to save ips, and if they voted. Which would actually take up more space. I'll play with it a bit :D

8. stumblinbear

Okey dokey, I vastly decreased the width of the site. If anyone is still having problems with that, please let me know :D

Fixed a bug where pressing the next button brought you back to the old domain, and pressing previous didn't bring you back enough id's.

Also, I fixed the google tracking code. Apparently it broke on the move from lmaopimp to codingforcookies. I thought everyone forgot about the site for a few days there xD

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  9. stumblinbear

Thinking about making the site look a bit more like the Starbound navigation window. What do you guys think?

Flippy likes this.
  10. Gigawolf

Gigawolf Aquatic Astronaut

Could you add an "Any" option to the sector drop down box for searching?

11. IntrepidX

IntrepidX Astral Cartographer

12. stumblinbear

If you don't select a sector, it won't add it to the search.

13. Deathsdoll

Deathsdoll Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool site TY much :)

14. stumblinbear

No problem :D

15. stumblinbear

Welp, sorry for the lack of updating on the site. A virus broke my Windows installation... On Christmas. Sooo, currently on Ubuntu and tinkering with the site :3

cogomac likes this.
  16. stumblinbear

Did some updating on the site(Mostly backend work, you wont notice much of a difference. But the databases are smaller.) as well as changed codingforcookies.com. :3

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  17. stumblinbear

18. This seems like an awesome resource. Do you mind if I feature this in Vector Squared?

19. Hexerin

Hexerin Existential Complex

request: add quicklinks to commonly desired locations. examples:

- bandit ships (buy guns)
    - tech chests
    - dungeons / towns

i've tried searching:

- avian
    - gun
    - bandit
    - airship

but have received no results.