1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SBSE - Customize your player colors using any color!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Phaze, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repulse

Repulse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm getting a problem where when SBSE starts reading player files, I get an error message saying "Warning: Encountered SBSE RangeError. Operation may not have completed." And it doesn't load at all. I haven't even interacted with it while it was loading, so I don't know how or why it's doing it, this started happening to me yesterday.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Do you have a lot of mods installed?
    It appears that for some, SBSE won't load if there are a lot of mods. (Exact number that causes the issue unknown)

3. Repulse

Repulse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nevermind, I fixed it by removing backup files of saves I deleted.
    I removed the mods before and it still didn't work.
    EDIT: Tried it with mods and it still works, thanks for the help anyway.

4. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Whenever I try to update it, when the loading bar reaches the end, SBSE closes out, and the installation of the entire SBSE itself tries to restart.

5. You may need to download the latest version directly from the website.

6. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

That's exactly what I did. But I found out that after, updating it, it did indeed update. It just had a bug where it would still ask for the update that it already had.

7. Priest of Cthulhu

Priest of Cthulhu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Salutations,
    thanks for updating SBSE for the majority (*cough* PC master race *cough*) of the community, however the minority (*cough* Mac & Linux *cough*) is still waiting for an update. It doesn't really matter if it's an experimental release or not. I understand that you've probably got more important matters to deal with, while I'd still like to be able to recolour outfits and characters as a Mac user through SBSE instead of Starcheat. At this point, I can't even recolour a nude character with SBSE nor open the application.

When shall a working version of SBSE be released for Mac and Linux (I'd like to receive a more specific answer than 'soon')?

Yzzey likes this.
  8. Cojette

Cojette Void-Bound Voyager

Every time I open SBSE, it says: Warning! SBSE Type Error. Operation may not have been completed. I don't have any mod's installed and have reinstalled SBSE several times.

9. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

Virtual machine it ;)

10. itsmickib

itsmickib Void-Bound Voyager

11. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Any ETA on the mac version?

12. Sorry for not responding sooner. I wasn't actually being notified of these responses for some reason. (I have e-mail notifications set up and largely depend on those.)
    It shouldn't take me long to put together a Mac version. I'd meant to do it sooner, but honestly became distracted.
    I'll look at putting one together this week, and the Linux version.

13. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Alright, thanks. Hope everything goes smoothly with it!

14. Sorry I didn't get to it this week. My annual performance review at work started and it's been stressing me out.
    I also have to un-bury my 2010 Macbook to put together the Mac version, and that thing runs pretty slow. So that'll be fun.

I'm considering keeping "ownership" of the project but open sourcing it anyway just so other people can work on it when I'm being slow or busy.
    Thoughts?

eksynn likes this.
  15. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

It's honestly for the best that way. Then you can administrate open source releases and publish the reliable ones to the site.

16. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

can i still get this from somewhere?

17. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

yes. you can.
    I don't think it works for Mac/Linux yet, however, so if that's what you're running you're out of luck until it updates.

18. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

no i'm using it for windows, but after it reads the assets it says there's an update... if i don't update, it tells me to. if i do, it downloads the 'latest version' (which is the same version i'm currently using) and asks me to install that... but since the version is still 'outdated', it says there's an update... if i don't update, it tells me to. if i do, it downloads the 'latest version' (which is the same version i'm currently using) and asks me to install that... but since the version is still 'outdated', it says there's an update... if i don't update, it tells me to. if i do, it downloads the 'latest version' (which is the same version i'm currently using) and asks me to install that... but since the version is still 'outdated', it says there's an update... if i don't update, it tells me to. if i do, it downloads the 'latest version' (which is the same version i'm currently using) and asks me to install that... but since the version is still 'outdated', it says there's an update...

Yzzey likes this.
  19. Edelweiss

Edelweiss Void-Bound Voyager

It keeps saying it can't find the binaries folder when I keep directing it to the starbound folder. Explain to me how to do this right because this thing's being really vague.

20. Hello, everyone.

I apologize for letting you down.
    Days became weeks, weeks became months, and here we are...

Clearly, I bit off more than I could chew. It's evident that I'm not suitable to maintain a project like SBSE right now.
    Therefore, I've released the source code. If anyone here is fluent in Node or JavaScript, by all means, have at it.

The repo can be accessed below:
    https://github.com/Kazyyk/SBSE

Feel free to fork it or submit a pull request.

I'll continue hosting the SBSE website.
    Although do take care not to overload the site, as the desktop application does pull from it.

Best Regards,
    Kazyyk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.