1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save Help...

Discussion in 'Support' started by PercepRed, Mar 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PercepRed

PercepRed Space Hobo

Hey, sorry about this, but I was kind of a klutz whilst going about changing the saves folder and screwed something up. I originally was attempting to delete the line that said I had already gotten the mermaid pendant and was not able to buy another one (it had placed itself on the ground NEXT to the intended receiver, not allowing me to pick it up or buy a new one.) so I consulted a thread for the problem that ConcernedApe himself had given a fix for, and I didn't remember to make a back-up. It originally said that I should delete the line that said "specialitems <int>460</int>". Upon opening the game, it presented me with a black screen when I attempted to boot up my chracter. I consulted the internet yet again, and I found something that said I must also delete the line in the SaveGameInfo folder. I did this, and when i went to open my chracter, it presented me with a text reading: "No Saved Games". After this, very determined to make sure i didn't have 57 hours go down the drain of making friends and basically hibernating through the winters, I consulted the internet yet again, but to no prevail. This is extremely inconvenient for me. I don't know if this is going to be too hard to find or anything, but I would like to replace the line back into the character folder and my SaveGameInfo folder, so if anyone could give me help on replacing this with keeping my progress or giving me the before the line before the line I deleted was. It would be much appreciated.

500G on Delivery, too.

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Upload your save file and the SaveGameInfo file and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
      • PercepRed

PercepRed Space Hobo

Okay. Thanks so much, man! I really appreciate it!

Here they are. Thanks again for helping me out!
        P.S. I copied the save file and put that in the zip folder but I hope this doesn't interfere with anything, and if it does just notify me and ill send the zip of the non-copied one.

Attached Files:

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

I see what you did...I got it to load. I'm going to try and get you the mermaid amulet.

EDIT: You're on a festival day and I didn't want you to miss out on it so I didn't get the amulet. But I did modify your save file to where you can get it now, at least according to the instructions I found. Next time it rains try and get it and let me know.
          If it doesn't work, I have an idea of what the problem would be. Just re-upload your save game and savegameinfo file on a rainy day.
          I had to copy the missing text from my own save file to recover yours so you may have an extra item or something along those lines, I don't know the item ID's. But it's working now. They're both in this one zip file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
          • PercepRed

PercepRed Space Hobo

Hey again! Thanks SO much! I really, really appreciate it! Thanks again, man!

Also here's the 500G I promised.
            (Collect 500G)