1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Save Editor discussion

Discussion in 'Other' started by ThisGuy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Do you mean the planet's coordinates or the player coordinates on the planet?

2. jospor

jospor Void-Bound Voyager

The planet/system coordinates and all that stuff which defines where you are in the universe with your ship.

3. Pentarctagon

You don't need to look in a save file for that: Your current coordinates are shown when you look at the navigation console and all coordinates that have been generated so far are in "*install directory*/Starbound/universe".

4. jospor

jospor Void-Bound Voyager

I know that they're visible there but I need to see how the location is stored in order to make a program I'm working on.

5. Pentarctagon

They seem to be stored in the .clientcontext files.
    Sector name
    4 bytes first number
    4 bytes second number
    4 bytes third number

jospor likes this.
  6. Phaze

Phaze Pangalactic Porcupine

Managed to get the basics down for a quick character editor. Right now it only changes the skin color, secondary color (like underwear), and hair color, but it's late and I'm tired. In the morning I'm going to add armor colors and build an interface for changing your pose and features.

Here's a gif of it so far:

[​IMG]

The colors are calculated on the fly so they might not be accurate to what the game would have, but the game is limited to a specific set of colors and this isn't. There are more color pickers not shown.

7. McSimp

McSimp Orbital Explorer

AureliusO and jospor like this.
  8. affonso100

affonso100 Orbital Explorer

great job dude, was trying something similar, but i appear to have been beaten to it ;)

9. Phaze

Phaze Pangalactic Porcupine

Didn't have as much time today to work on my little project, but I did get armor working along side other parts of the body. I'm in the process of rewriting the code for actually analyzing the colors so that it's more adaptive and more accurate. Could take me a day or so.

In the mean time I made the UI for uploading and showing the player. Check it out if you're interested:

http://i.imgur.com/3KmAuCv.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/XQl5ZVj.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/eEo6avY.gif

Once the color code is rewritten it'll be ready to test. Not sure where a good place is to post the link, but I'll figure that out soon.

10. ROFLCopter64bit

ROFLCopter64bit Subatomic Cosmonaut

After the recent success of Cobblestone, I have decided to create a save editor. I will try (I said try, don't yell at me if I don't) to get a very basic alpha out in the next 36 hours, with full source code. I know it might be useless since a BSON save format is around the corner, but why wait?

11. Kekasi

Kekasi Void-Bound Voyager

Have been doing my own research into the save files, and I've found out that starbound appears to load files on startup and requires a shutdown for save editing.

12. Ephemerality

Ephemerality Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It definitely does not like when you edit before you close the game. It attempts another write to the file as it closes, even if you are just on the main menu....

I have my editor working, but have no interface for it yet, it's all just command-line =/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  13. GiD32

GiD32 Void-Bound Voyager

Why nobody talks about 3d printer recipes and techs?
    active techs is stored in the file after the inventory
    recipes after techs (all recipes including learned tech recipes 0o)
    seems...
    I am sorry if I made a grammatical mistakes

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  14. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

To comply with EU data protection laws, you need to indicate, on the site, that you're storing the files. It seems stupid for a save editor, yes, but them's the rules.

15. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does this apply if I'm not in the EU? Neither are my servers

16. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Technically you do if anyone accessing it is in the EU.

But it is also just good practice to tell people you're storing the data.

17. mrkite77

mrkite77 Intergalactic Tourist

The coordinates for your current orbiting planet as well as your home planet are in the client context. I've documented them here:

http://seancode.com/galileo/format/sbcc.html

18. jaxx0rr

jaxx0rr Void-Bound Voyager

im no cheater but my ship just got wiped after about 40 hours worth of mining.. instead of going on a killing spree imma try this editor

19. Blizzrdball

Blizzrdball Void-Bound Voyager

Apologies up front for a rather uneducated post;

I just used the editor at http://c4isbad.com/starreader/
    I had not changed much. I edited my pixel amount to 10,000 and edited my main weapon's attack speed from 1.2499999813735 to 1.7499999813735.

Now, this is completely my fault for not creating a backup of my original character and trying to use an unstable (yet amazing editor, big thanks to the developers.) However, when I replaced my character file and checked my hotbar, the weapon had been changed into a perfectly generic item. No matter, just change the attack speed back to it's original value.

Nope.

I loaded back up and it still had been a corrupt item and remained a perfectly generic item.
    I have attached the save file to this post for further investigation by someone who would have a better idea at what to look at and how to resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Edit: The weapon was Bonehammer. It's the first item in the hotbar.
    Edit: I made a copy of the save and did the same thing to my 2nd weapon and it did the exact same thing. My general assumption is that this occurs if the fireTime on any item is changed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  20. wizzomafizzo

wizzomafizzo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry dude, your item is gone. If there is anything "not right" about an inventory item the game completely replaces the slot with the generic item including the old item stats.