RELEASED [SAMPI] Custom Farming on Nexus

Add custom objects to the game

1. Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

2. Platonymous

3. dawnplechaty

dawnplechaty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i have a big problem, no crash but i think its your mod?

[11:36:23 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu StardewValley.Game1.get_activeClickableMenu()'.
    at CustomFarming.customFarmingMod.MenuEvents_MenuChanged(Object sender, EventArgsClickableMenuChanged e)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 57

im not sure but hope you can help

• Platonymous

Which version of SDV, SMAPI and CustomFarming are you using?

• Platonymous

I reworked the dryer and vinegar jar but gave them a seperate release: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1037?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
        • Platonymous

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I would love to see more machines for your mod. I think butter churn, yogurt maker, a cider maker, and a way to make rice would be very cool to have. Do you think you are up to the challenge?

• Platonymous

• tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

this looks & sounds awesome i can't wait to try it!

• dawnplechaty

dawnplechaty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sorry not got back sooner, im now using sv beta, smapi 1.9 and your current update but i dont have the machines in the crafting menu, am i doing something wrong?

• Platonymous

Do you added the machines to the Custom Farming Folder, beause the mod itself doesn't come with any preinstalled. I gave the machine contents their own releases so I could update them seperatly.
                Also every machine pack needs to be in it's own folder inside Custom Farming/CustomContent, so the Pasta Maker from "New Machines Redux" for ex. would be in Mods/CustomFarming/CustomContent/Platonymous.NewMachines/PastaMaker.json .
                Usually you only have to extract the downloaded zip into the CustomContent folder but some programms create and additional folder that can't be there like Mods/CustomFarming/CustomContent/Platonylous.NewMachines_1_2_0/Platonymous.NewMachines/
                Also make sure you have the newest Version of Custom Farming (0.5.5+), I tend to update that twice a day sometimes, making it a little hard to keep up.

Available packs so far:

Examples Download from Nexus
                Yogurt Maker, Oil Maker, Soap Maker, Sushi Barrel, Grill, Alien Idol & Lemonade Maker. Mainly ment as Examples and not as thought out as the other packs.

Signage Download from Nexus
                Two small signs and two larger ones.

New Machines Redux Download from Nexus
                Hay Dryer, Vinegar Jar, Butter Churn, Yogurt Rack, Pasta Maker & Ice Machine.

Craftable Mailbox Download from Nexus
                A Computer that acts as a mailbox.

Mystical Machines Download from Nexus
                Time Sphere, turns some things into other ancient things.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
                • Platonymous

• tearful0eye

i love the idea for this mod, but somehow it always causes my game to crash :( or at least i'm pretty sure it's this mod.
                  whenever i craft one of the new machines it works fine the first day, but crashes the day afterwards (when i go to sleep and the game is supposed to save). i'm not sure if the problem is one of the other mods i have installed or if it's something else...

Attached Files:

• Platonymous

Could be some incompatibility problem with tego. I'm not sure, but if that's the case then the 0.5.8 version should fix it. Custom Farming 0.5.8 (Install this first: Custom Element Handler)

• tearful0eye

i didn't have the custom element handler installed *facepalm* it seems to works now! thanks so much for the help.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hey Platonymous; fantastic mod!
                        I've been working on a new mod for myself; and made some machines to work with the new items I made. Everything works great except for one issue.

I can create machines, and produce just fine. However, if I go to sleep, and have the game save, and start a new day. Then all the machines, and their produce turn into bad data. The machines all look like the treasure chests found in the Mines. And, the produce all look like weeds; with the tooltip data all wrong.
                        I can delete the items, and machines; then recraft everything and get new produce. But, after every save; the data becomes corrupted again.

For testing purposes I went ahead, and used your NewMachines pack on a new save. And, I got the same error as with my own machines.
                        So, I've included my error log, and the new save. You can see in the save how the 'Display Name'/'Name' data sections are corrupted with the filepath, and other data. And, the error log references the issue with the save data.

Edit:
                        The 2nd zip file is with the latest versions of your mod as of June 5th.
                        While the original file is from the creation of this post, May 30th.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
                        • auden

auden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am getting a "SaveEvents.AfterSave event" error. Is it because I am on mac? Is there a way I can get this mod to work? I love all of the extra machines. Thank you!

• Platonymous

Yes, that's a mac issue. It will be fixed in the next version, but that still needs some time.

• auden

auden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you!! I really appreciate the awesome mods you create. I will be looking forward to the update.

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can i make new machines? Any instruction?