Sam and Seb's band

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Unassuming Obelisk, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What genre did you choose for Sam's band?

1. Cheerful pop music

2. Hi-energy dance music

3. Experimental noise rock

4. Honky-Tonk country music

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

How do you imagine Sam and Seb's band? I picked the "experimental noise rock" genre option, and called the song "city in the sea". However, I'm picturing the Pelicans as more of a post-rock band. (Sigur Ros or Mogwai).
    image.jpeg

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I picked dance music for my first save and noise rock for my current one. Both songs are pretty good, it was a tough choice both times. >u<

Given the instruments I really see them as more of a rock band though, I felt like with the dance music Sam's guitar got a bit drowned out.

Unassuming Obelisk likes this.
      • CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

I chose rock. It was pretty good. Or did I choose pop? Hmm.. I picked either rock or pop and the song was quite good.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I imagine they'd play the electronic one. That's also the version I went with in my first save because that's the type of music I like to listen to out of those four options anyway.

...But my fave version is the country song. It's just so good! It's one of my favorite tunes in the entire game X3
          I always go with that one. They're a country band in my game, always will be.

• RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

I went with noise rock because it's my favorite genre and like Luthien said, they look like a rock band.

• Lysa

Lysa Space Penguin Leader

I love country music and was very tempted to pick that choice but for some reason I thought they seemed more the hi energy dance type so I picked that. Now I wish I'd been true to my love of country, I want to hear this song you love so much :)

• LuthienNightwolf

Here ya go!

WonkoTSane42 likes this.
                • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i like the heavy rock option or whatever that one was

i personally prefer electronica but i think rock fits them better, or at least, fits SAM better

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I picked the honkey-tonk, because it was the closest to the Dixieland Swing or Celtic that I enjoy.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Heh I chose Pop, and I would have called their band Draft Punk... if I could.

• Unassuming Obelisk

My choice was mostly impulsive, and based on my interest in post-rock. Also, I had already been asked what to name the song, and I picked City in the Sea, so I thought that would sound cool as noise rock. ATLANTIS! :fishbowl:

• WonkoTSane42

WonkoTSane42 Star Wrangler

That is some serious guitar pickin skills!! I chose experimental noise rock because I like that the best, but I also have a soft spot in my heart for country and I have to say this song was awesomeness :)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I like that Gus' jukebox in the tavern will let you select Sam's music from the playlist. I picture him giving CD's to Gus to add to the box to help promote the band. I'll select the Honky-tonk piece and let the whole Stardrop listen.

WonkoTSane42 likes this.
                            • LuthienNightwolf

My boyfriend actually makes electronic music - the urge to drop his Soundcloud over here is tugging at me. haha

• Unassuming Obelisk

Haha, I didn't know you could do that! I'll have to try!

Yeah, I'm tempted to get my brother to write something. He probably wouldn't finish it though... :)

Lilliput likes this.
                                • StoveToPstevE

StoveToPstevE Space Hobo

Mogwai is the greatest band of all time.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@StoveToPstevE Whilst I agree that Mogwai is great, your posts adds nothing to a dead thread. Necro-posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Going to lock this.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.