1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Sadly disappointed by vaults (so far)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by scaper12123, Dec 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The whole vault thing was a pretty neat addition and it was fun exploring my first vault, but after I defeated the guardian (which was an appropriately epic but unsuitably LONG fight) I got to run up to the weapon upgrade anvil... and then find out that my legendary space saber couldn't be upgraded with it!

It turns out that tier 6 unique weapons cannot be upgraded with the anvil, which I find sadly disappointing. I thought, going in, that the anvil would upgrade any and all special weapons to tier 7 or something of that nature. It would be appropriate for the effort we have to put into it.

I'm sure it was a lot of effort and I'm sad to say I'm disappointed by it, but at the very least it's groundworks for some more interesting content. I hope Chucklefish expands upon the vaults and uses a similar system for additional unique quest dungeons. You know, might as well stop beating around the bush: where's our multi-planet spanning quests? With procedural space stations, which we can jump to which would house suitably epic boss fights. Hopefully, something like that gives the game more story value post-campaign.

DraikNova likes this.
  2. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

3. scaper12123

4. Momopovich

Momopovich Pangalactic Porcupine

I personally enjoy vaults more than i expected, it develops the game's potential for combat and parkour and I have fun using different weapons. They kinda remind me diablo3 grifts (same purple orbs lol). I'm happy with the weapons i get, but i would love an upgraded violium sword.

5. scaper12123

The thing is that, by themselves, the vaults are slightly disappointing. They set up a fantastic groundwork for future content, but I was hoping for a substantial enough reward for me to say "alright, my next goal is to raid a vault." Not being able to upgrade my tier 6 unique weapons was a huge letdown. Frankly it would be good to put a gold star on any weapon found in the wild, but especially improve the special weapons. I use a sword/shotgun combo, but I prefer my ice shotgun to the doomcannon. Has a lot more punch to it. If I could put a gold star on that it but then find a weapon that could potentially be better when upgraded, it would more than fully justify vaults.