OOC Ruined: Temple of the Forgotten Empire

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Relten, May 29, 2016.

?

What should I do with this RP.

1. Continue from where we last left off

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Continue after a small time skip

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Start over

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Abandon the whole thing

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Abandon

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

That's a fair point to raise, and since he's friendly I guess being a racists would be complete opposite to that. I'll change it now and probably just add a different flaw. Thanks :)

Captain Kane likes this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I have questions about the 'Great War' that is mentioned in the description of some of the races; how long in the past did it occur? Would it reasonable to have a character who's life was directly affected by it?

3. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

From arrows to lasers, what is the tech level

Jareix Cryvix and Relten like this.
  4. Captain Kane

Captain Kane The Waste of Time

It happened twenty years ago I believe.
    Around WW2 level of tech, varying from continent to continent. I'm pretty sure stuff like Steamships is a thing too, and one of the races is also a type of Automaton.

Relten and zeskorion like this.
  5. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Alright, thanks for the info

Relten likes this.
  6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

It's generally around early WW2 tech with things like airships, robots, experimental power armor, and magical artifacts thrown in the mix. However, each nation tend to differ on terms of technology.

Edit:
    Oh consarnit! You beat me to the punchline.

Edit again: Damn fingers can't type for shit.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix, Kaiachi and zeskorion like this.
  7. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Yes, i think i know my character now

8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I'm already working on a driver/salvager type character, hope there isn't too much overlap...

zeskorion likes this.
  9. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Not at all

10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

2 tinkerers, 1 combat mechanic,1 slow combat medic, 1 fighter, and 1 glass merchant.

This is going to be rather interesting.

haynesy566 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Name: Fieke Schmidt
    Race: Human
    Description: She is slightly shorter than average, with a slim build. She wears a old bomber-style jacket, trousers with plenty of pockets, a belt with some of her tools, a pair of heavy boots, googles, and a red scarf. She has a shock of red hair, though she normally keeps it covered with a leather pilot cap.

Backstory:
    A native of the Theiriel empire, Fieke at a young age saw her homeland devastated by the Great War. The collapse that followed left her and what remained of her family homeless, and was forced to scavenge to survive. Before long, she learnt that she had a talent with machinery, and used those skills to to make something of a living as a mechanic and driver.
    When the new empire began to rise, she worried about what new direction it could be taking. A new empire would no doubt lead to new wars, and a new generation of victims; she wanted no part of it. After antagonizing the authorities with her views, she decided to cut her losses and leave the empire, perhaps foreging a new life elsewhere.

Traits:
    -Grease Monkey: She finds herself comfortable elbows-deep in an engine, fixing vehicles or digging through salvage.
    -Driver at the Wheel: If it has wheels or tracks, she will be able to drive it; or figure out how to before long.
    -Pistolero: When caught in a fight, she favours a more compact sidearm, pistols and the like; since they are easy to stow, and quick to draw.

Flaws:
    -Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Living through a war changes people, and Fieke was no different. Flashbacks of the horrors still plague her.
    -Outspoken: She is a ready critic of things she doesn’t approve of; be it oppresive governments, pre-judgemental people, underpowered engines, etc. Some might find this annoying, others might try to silence her…

Strength: 3
    Endurance: 5
    Speed: 6
    Dexterity: 7
    Perception: 5
    Personality: 3
    Willpower: 4
    Intelligence: 7+1
    Fortune: 5

Inventory: Her regular outfit (see description), mechanic's toolbox, pipe wrench (doubles as a club), 'broomhandle' pistol (10 round capacity, holster doubles as a shoulderstock), box of 20 rounds for the pistol, backpack, a few days worth of field rations.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    critsarecool likes this.
  12. Captain Kane

Captain Kane The Waste of Time

It's a good app, other than a few minor grammar related errors in the backstory, which I have highlighted red for you. The second highlight might just be the way I'm looking at it, but it seems worded a bit strangely. For someone with PTSD her willpower doesn't seem to be suffering too greatly, but that doesn't necessarily need to change, as it isn't high either. Good work overall.
    EDIT: You can't see what I highlighted, I'll paste it.
    "...she learnt that she a talent with machinery..."
    "When the new empire began to rise, she felt worried what new direction they would be taking...."

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Ok, edited those two lines; thanks for pointing them out. Also took a point from her will and bumped up her speed.

Relten and Captain Kane like this.
  14. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

So what do you class mine as? I'm just interested to know :rofl:

15. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I took after you and Kaiachi's example. (Also, finalized my stats. Gla' Kriik is now strong, but hopelessly unlucky...)

Kaiachi and haynesy566 like this.
  16. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

So when are we gonna get this show on the road? We have seven accepted as so far, how many are you looking to get?

BTW, Kane, I have the feeling that Alfhild is gonna HATE your character.

17. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i think we haven't started because i implied i was designing a character but haven't posted it yet
    i haven't posted it yet because i really don't know what to write. here's what i've got so far.
    Name: (Dunno)
    Race: Kaissin
    Description: She is white with leopard spots and is a wizard!
    Backstory: (Dunno)
    Traits: Magical, Optimistic, Friendly
    Flaw: Gullible
    Strength: 3
    Endurance: 3
    Speed: 5
    Dexterity: 5
    Perception: 7
    Personality: 5
    Willpower: 8
    Intelligence: 4
    Fortune: 5

I'd like to ask, what sort of society do Kaissins have? Is their culture similar to any other real-life or alternate fantasy culture? What are Kaissin settlements like?

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  18. critsarecool

Oh...... kay

19. critsarecool

I personally just use name generators for my char names. May seem a cop out, but Celtic names for elves work pretty well.

20. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

My character's not an elf, they're a kitty. I think you're confused. o: