OOC Ruined: Temple of the Forgotten Empire

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Relten, May 29, 2016.

?

What should I do with this RP.

1. Continue from where we last left off

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Continue after a small time skip

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Start over

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Abandon the whole thing

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Abandon

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

OP has been updated, please make sure that you get your character sheets updated to fit the new system.

Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Holy hell...It's like an ancient excavation to find my original character sheet...As I accidentally destroy my little end table lamp...

Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Where have you been storing it? And besides, there's link to it in the OP of the thread...

Firebird Zoom, HunterC1998 and Relten like this.
  4. HunterC1998

I may have never knew that was a hotlink...And since it was my first and I wasn't really started yet...I didn't store it.it was more of a 'sit there and type away for a solid hour' deal.

Firebird Zoom and Relten like this.
  5. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I have an entire file for storing character sheets of all sorts; all typed up in GLORIOUS rich text format.

Firebird Zoom, HunterC1998 and Relten like this.
  6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

This looks interesting... I'm going to make an app. Should be up by next year.

Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  7. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

So, you've got three days. Better hop to it.

8. HunterC1998

Well yeah, after this one and I really got into it, I did start writing them down, I never got around to coming back to this one though..

Relten and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

At least you've got some kind of record saved on this thread.

Relten, Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  10. HunterC1998

Yeah, saved by the bell on that..

11. HunterC1998

Double posting for a big question, @Relten That piece about a flaw, are you meaning negative traits or a single major flaw?

12. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I have all of my apps on Google drive, I really should get around to putting them all in a folder though...

Also, where is the OP updated? Did we resolve to just restart, and if so, where is it starting?

13. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

The OP
    Has been mainly updated in the application section.

I think we did agree upon a restart, however I am still trying to figure out if that would be truly better than just continuing.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  14. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Name: Gla'-Kriik Veistu'ul
    Race: Chlaqtis
    Description: Taller than an average human standing straight at 6' 12", but his natural hunched posture puts him about 4' 12"... His scales are a light sandy color with very light tan splotches. He typically wears his traditional olive green shawl and thick leather gloves. He is at the very young age of 29.
    [​IMG]

Inventory: Densely woven shawl, leather gloves, compressed glass bident-polearm with brass shaft and glass bottom spike, glass working tools (no forge), a few bags of sands, general glassware, a few decorative glass knives, one combat ready poisoned glass knife, a poison infused glass cup, and some papyrus.
    Spells: (Do not include this if you do not have any spells, powerful spells will not be allowed for starting unless you heavily reduce your inventory.)
    Backstory: (PM if you do not wish to share this with the other players)
    Traits:
    Glass-smith: his skill in the art of glass smithing is of among the highest degree of quality. He can make anything, from pointless yet beautiful glass baubles, to very strong yet light tools and armor, to lethal weaponry and poisoned glassware. And just as easily as he can make objects, he can break them with a perfect blow. If it was made, if can be broken.
    very patient: along with an eye for detail and a strong arm, glassmaking and ambush hunting require very strong patience for doing repetitive motion or simply not doing anything.
    ambush hunting experience: if something needs to be caught, all he has to do it not be noticed. This can be done with the use of subtle camouflage, and simply remaining still until he is simply ignored as a part of the scenery.
    Trader: He has extensive experience in the art of barter and can conduct business and negotiations with surprising skill. This also means, while not fluent, he can speak and understand multiple languages.
    A mind for learning: if there's something he doesn't understand, then he will go to great lengths to figure it out.
    Basic magic knowledge: he has some very limited understanding of how to use magic, but only ever occasionally uses it for very basic tasks.
    Flaw:

Non-native: Being from out of town has its benefits, but also several disadvantages. Including not being very fluent in the languages, limited knowledge of the concept of currency, very limited knowledge on modern technology, and no idea where anything is, how anything works, or who anyone is.
    unlucky businessman: despite his exceptional skill as a craftsman, he somehow just cannot get any of these people to buy his wares. So, he lives off of what he can find. Normally, that is trash, vermin, and rainwater.
    shortsightedness: while he has exceptional vision for thing up close, he can't really see in detail for anything further than 10 feet...
    Slow at long distances: just like most chalqtis, he is not fast. Not in the slightest. Unfortunately, not everyone shares his level of patience as he does. Sure he can make a very valuable bauble very quickly, or snatch up a rat in a split second, but if he has to go anywhere or move anything for a distance longer than a few feet, you best not expect him to be there for a while. He typically slowly ambles his way at a rate of ~1 foot per second. Running? Not going to happen.
    Short version: A smith coming to the mainland to sell his wares. Other than that, pretty standard semi-nomadic colony lifestyle. Life with family, break off on his own, move from town to town selling glass items...
    The forge... That's all his father wanted him to care about... Life in the forge, and keeping up the family name as the greatest smith in the village... Of course, his father would still be able to uphold that, if a sour client hadn't shoved his arms into the kiln... So, with a crippled father to teach him how to smith, and a mother that was always out mining for water, Gla'-Kriik would learn to make and live. And make, and live, and learn, and make, and live, and learn. Never to do anything else, just work the forge, barter the wares, hunt for food, check the canal, go back to the forge, work the forge, sleep, and then wake up to go back to the forge... Never learning more than he needed about magic to become a mage, never caring more about history to be the lector, not being good enough with alchemy to be a medic, and never being allowed to become a warrior. That was his life, and it bored him. And for twenty long monotonous years, he finally grew sick with it. Sick of all of the dull unchanging monotony of bartering with the same people, having made glass from the same mine, using the magma from the same volcano, and hunting in the same area. So, he took his precious bident, and set off in a direction he had never gone. South... What he saw was different... It was a whole desert from which he could not see more than two volcanoes... It was new. It was different. And it was beautiful... And so, he would sneak off with supplies and his weapon, and explore. And so he did for nine more years until there was nothing left for him to explore... He had met with many villagers, encountered stranger creatures that he had never seen before, had spoken and fought with many people, and seen places where the ash and sand have giant reeds larger than him... But, that was not the end of it and he knew it. There was a supposed port, and after some explaining from the non-chlaqtis merchants the concept of an ocean and continents, decided immediately that he would leave. Using the water funds he could afford to give, he arranged his mother and father to be cared for by some friends in the village, and set off on his long trek for the port city. The sight of so much water stole his breath away, and eager to see new things, headed as fast as he could to the city, learned some more about the basics that he needed to know, such as how water is not an acceptable currency, and bartered off enough to board a ship, and set off for this strange new world...

15. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I suppose we can go with a reset.

Might even take some inspiration with what good old @Jareix Cryvix has been doing with his stuff.
    Didn't see this post, so please forgive me if ignore had appeared that I had forgotten you. I think I shalt settle upon restarting back to the ship at sea, with new circumstances and situations, naturally.

I am going to see about making it a bit more...eventful from the start. My goal is to have some sort of solid plot at the immediate start of this whole roleplay, which should allow this RP to actually survive for once.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  16. HunterC1998

Ah crap I forgot I haven't posted my sheet..I'll get on it as soon as I can.

17. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Alright.

OH! I almost forgot to mention that I am removing a few weapon restrictions from players, as to allow a wider variety of options for players.

Feel free to use that original 44 magnum revolver that I had forced you to swap out of earlier.

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

NOOOOOO! MY APP WAS DELETED!
    Now I have to restart...

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It's mostly flavour anyway.
    Save your progress on your word processor of choice; might be less likely to lose it whole. (GLORIOUS RTF!)

Relten, Firebird Zoom and Dragonclaw like this.
  20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

This must have been the work of 2016... At least now it will never come back. Unless someone creates a time machine.