RELEASED Longevity v1.0->v1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 24, 2016.

1. DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is an insanely complex mod and I adore it. It really does breathe more life into the game and up the difficulty.

I felt almost cheated when I got the statue of perfection on my first playthrough with little effort. This makes it feel more worthwhile to achieve!

RTGOAT likes this.
    • Aquae

Aquae Big Damn Hero

Hey! Love this mod a lot. Would like to know if there's an possibility to add support for Even More Crops mod! Would like to see variations and seasonal differences on those.

Looking forward to future updates.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I've reached out to the author for permission on that. :)

Aquae and xangria like this.
        • pikarz

pikarz Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there. First of all, sorry for my english but it's not my first language.
          Me and my girlfriend started a game together with the mod that adds multiplayer, and some other mods, like Longevity.
          We noticed that Longevity doesn't work really well there. We wanted a more "hard" game, but we ended almost with the casual Stardew.
          Our mod list is:
          Animal Mood fix, Cooking Skill, Get Dressed, Happy Birthday, Harvest with Scythe, Longevity, Loved Labels, Extended Fridge, Calendar Anywhere and No friendship decay. We also use this Hardmode Mod.

I don't know if the dynamic price changes work, we didn't test it really much, but surely the earnings are much lower than the base game. Anyway, taxes don't work. On day 15th of each month we receive the message that warnings us about the incoming taxes, but we never pay anything. From what i know, we should receive a message on day 21st and pay on day 28th. But after the first message, unfortunately, we don't receive anything else.
          We use v1.1 and the correct version of Smapi.
          Is there something that we could do for making it work? Thank you!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@pikarz

Unfortunately, I have no support for the makeshift multiplayer. You results will vary on it. (I'm not even sure how it works...)

As for your mod list, I'm nearly positive that all of those/most have been confirmed to 'not' conflict with Longevity.

Note* Hardmode uses xnb edits that will conflict with Longevity v1.5 (we're currently on v1.4), and its price balancing is overwritten by Longevity.
            (I would advise not using it as it is redundant with Longevity)

Taxes are warned on the 15th of every month, and then paid, in full, when transitioning from day 28 to day 1.
            If taxes are triggered to warn on the 15th, they should trigger on day 1 as they both use the same trigger.

You can always tell is pricing works by checking store prices to see if seeds are a different price each new day.
            Correct version of SMAPI is v1.8 (just to make sure we're on the same page)

Without errors, the best I can do is tell you to make a saved game at day 28,
            Remove all mods and play from day 28 to day 1 (make sure its a copy of the saved game so you can continue to test the trigger from day 28),
            If it works without mods, then add other mods in 1 by 1 until it no longer works (That should be the conflicting mod).

• GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

So I am doing a new play-through with RTGOAT's LONGEVITY MOD and I really hope this mod stays around. Thank you for a great change of pace.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GARRthePIRATE

Thanks mate!

Lots to come, and I'll always be around to support my work.

• LilyOfTheValley

LilyOfTheValley Intergalactic Tourist

I start to play your mod yesterday. Played 11 days and finished the bridge at the beach and the spring bundel, also got some fish for it. But know every progress is gone (gunter things also). My fields are the same but the bundel things and the bridge ist reset. I will test later if it will be reset again with the spring bundel but maybe is a known problem and you have a solution. I also use makeshift multiplayer and SMAPI 1.10.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LilyOfTheValley

If you arn't receiving errors, my next best assumption is an issue with your save data.
                    This could be caused by another mod, outdated SMAPI, or a combination of it all.

This is an outdated thread, visit the current thread if you have more questions/concerns.
                    Longevity v1.5->v1.6

• bethdewinter

bethdewinter Orbital Explorer

I love the mod, but in summer i can't plant sunflowerseeds and my chicken is gone

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@bethdewinter

Will have sunflowers fixed next update....

As for you chicken, I'm not sure what happened, but it is unlikely Longevity did anything to him.