RELEASED Longevity v1.0->v1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Very nice, definitely playing with this soon :)

• masquerade908

masquerade908 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

About the cooking thing... Is there anything I have to do first to increase the energy/health given? I love cooking Chowder (easiest recipe for huge energy (base is +225). After installing this mod I see that it is still at +225 energy. Do I have to do anything first to see the effect of the 25% increase? Great work on the mod btw. I love it. I don't mean to rush you or anything but have you made any progress ony our to do list? :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

The 25% increase to cooking is for the price of the dish, not the benefits that are given from its consumption.
        :)

• masquerade908

masquerade908 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh ok. Well now I feel stupid lol. So the increase only affects the saloon? My favorite starter food to buy is Trout Soup from the Fish Shop (idk what it is about fish recipes) which base sells for 250 gold. With the mod it still is at 250. :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

The Saloon's food stock prices its dishes based on the the actual selling price that I have influenced (25% increase).
            The trout soup from Willy uses a hard-coded price that is unaffected when the price of trout soup is changed (in other words, it remains constant).

There are many cases of constant prices that are unaffected by my mod. I'm working on a way to manually stock the vendors myself (this way I have 100% control)... but until then
            there will be some exceptions.

• Spiffyman

Spiffyman Void-Bound Voyager

I tried this mod today and realized that it doesn't work on Linux. SMAPI can be installed, but this mod isn't working. Is this a fixable thing or am I out of luck?

• Pianobeats

Pianobeats Subatomic Cosmonaut

On the config file, if I set "Price_Balance" to false will that get rid of the Price Influence also? I want to get rid of Price Balance, but keep the Price Influence feature.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Do other SMAPI mods work on Linux?

Price influence is paired with price balance.

Price influence without balance would be nothing more than a cheat.
                  (The influencers with vanilla prices would give huge profit increases)

• Pianobeats

@RTGOAT

Ah okay then. I'll keep price balancing. Thanks for the info. :)

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

They don't unless you specifically compile them for Linux. If you want to give it a try here is the guide to crossplatforming. I made test versions of a couple of my mods for Mac/Linux with SDVCrosscompile and at the very least the game can load them, though I haven't got feedback on more than that.

EDIT: Since SMAPI 1.3 all mods should work regardless of OS they were compiled for.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I may consider it later on when I release a new update. Time is hard to come by atm.

• General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Giving some more feedback after unlocking the green house and such in my game. I was thinking about something that could be added to the monthly fees, A Prospecting fee & Fishing License.
                          • The Prospecting fee could be related the mine lvl you unlocked (or the players mining lvl). Also a additional fee when unlocking skull caves could be in.Maybe the skull cave could be a one time deed you pay for that allows monthly payments until amount owed is paid in full.
                          • For the Fishing License make the fee related to the persons fishing level.

I think having those two would add in a bit more longevity into the game, however I know some people would not want this so it might be a good idea to have them as a configurable option but have them off by default .

In real life you have a fishing license to commercially fish same with mining you need permits to mine. Since this mod is about keeping the long term of the game viable and making it tougher to skirt past the easy money making it could add to it.

• Pianobeats

@General Chaos

I like the idea of a fishing license. But fishing is already difficult by itself due to the fishing minigame and the profits by fishing alone is so small most people ignore fishing.

I understand that adding a fishing license adds longevity to the game, but if it discourages people from fishing then the license is kind of pointless.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I really like the idea! I think I'll be stealing it for the next update.

Some aspects of fishing are actually quite profitable.

General Chaos likes this.
                              • General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Glad to hear you got some ideas from my suggestion, however this time I am here to report a bug (I assume it similar to the honey one). Wild Plum wine has a value of 1. Dropped in a few wild plums in kegs in a shed and they all have a value of 1.

Since I am going to make wine,veggie juice,jams,and,pickled products of all types if I notice any others I will let you know via a list since I now have a greenhouse.

• igtenos

igtenos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've made it to Y2 in my Longevity test run.

General thoughts: if the player wants to break the game, they're still going to break the game. They just won't be doing it in Summer Y1. Kegging and jarring stuff from summer while fishing my brains out was enough to carry me into fall strong.

Taxes don't bite hard enough when the player has a lot of stuff.

Water bill seems like it can gamed. I took out some of my sprinklers on Fall 28 and my water bill was suspiciously low.

• igtenos

igtenos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fishing kept me afloat in Summer Y1 while I horded everything I grew for kegs/jars. On a good day pending the season, I can make 3000-4000g easy.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I am out of town until Sunday, I will take a look and have that fixed. (I thought I covered all of those items, but maybe not. I'll get that fixed soon)

Yes, it slows progress, but scaling could be better tuned which I will look into.

I also have a solution coming for avoiding taxes (if you take sprinklers [or anything else related to taxes] out before taxes they wont affect your bill).
                                      I'll post another update soon.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

The reason this happens is because wild plum is considered forage and not a fruit.
                                        Wild plum will have 1 value if made into jelly or wine. (My mod searches through fruits to match prices)

Before my next mod update, I'll release the fix for wild plums and I'll also be doing some small balance changes.
                                        I'd like to alter the scaling of prices a little bit before I implement some major upcoming functions.

Hang tight!

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As we can calculate our taxes in real life in advance, some sort of ingame estimation (like once a week per mail) would be nice.
                                          I am the type to hoard my money, so I'm worried the taxes will just rip me a new one and take away more than I can make back.