[RP] The Darastrix Clan - Yth Lleisgar Tenamalo!

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Bughunter, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Dara1s.png
    Hello!

RULES
    (OBEY!)
    1.OBEY THE RULES
    2.Never dis the Dragons
    3.Respect your fellow Dragons
    4.Do your best to participate
    5.Please be active. If you are inactive for more
    than one week, and did not notify us with a reason for this
    inactivity, you will be flagged as Inactive (Big no-no!)
    7. This is a "Mature" clan. Something may be suggestive so
    don't be offended by things you hear. Don't worry though, we keep it PG-13.

8.Respect the Leader and Co-Leaders

Clan RP Tips
    1. Depending on the personality you want to have, you might want to be a younger dragon for a more rash thinker, and an older on if you're wise and think things through. (Young darastrix can be wise too though!)
    2. You can play a non-dragon character in the RP, just ask us about it and we can see about you fitting in.
    3. If you need to be away for an extended period of time, just tell us (referenced in the rules as well).
    4. Be sure to RP as the gender you feel most comfortable role-playing as. If things get awkward fr you, they get awkward for us too.
    5. If a situation arises where someone wants to kill your character or you want to kill/hurt someone else's, make sure both parties approve of the outcome.
    6. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you get lost in the RP, just remember to use ((OOC)) when speaking out of character.
    7. Things may get out of hand on occasion, if you see something wrong PM a leader or the clanmate causing the issue and notify them.
    8. If you need help "designing" your dragon, such as name and type, ask away, we will find names and types that fit the personality you want to RP.
    Senior members will be glad to help and explain things to you.

This application will admit you to the main clan page as well as the RP, so be sure to post there as well.

What do you want yourself to be called by? Do you like Dragons? Do you accept the rules? Why do you want to join?

If any moderators have any questions just send me a PM. I asked about putting it in the clan section, and I am fairly sure I got the "OK", but if it needs moving just do so :p

Also we will start when we have at least 7 people. Just as a reminder this isn't serious RP in the realm of we don't use character sheets, and all we do is talk, and interact with eachother.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Hey there,

You already have a clan thread which has plenty of posts to go before hitting the soft limit of 500 pages. You should use that one for clan stuff instead of making a new one. If you want to make an RP thread, there's a section for that. Note that certain section-specific rules apply there, so if you don't wish to be restricted by the RP section's rules you can use your clan thread for that.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We're here to help.

Thanks.

3. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

The old one I don't think is in a position to be used anymore, we aren't attracting anymore people and I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to what our clan used to be. The other page is kinda just us deciding what to do, and many members declared it dead, I think a more RP oriented foundation will be better. I really don't think any of the members will argue due to the fact hardly anyone cares anymore. I think it will be better for the clan to go back to its roots. Maybe locking the old thread could be a solution, as it's not really in use. I am creating a convo of all members notifying them of this thread instead of the old one.

Feel free to tell me your opinion of this, or just move it to chat or something, I really don't care as long as people are more interested in this thread than the old one.

4. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Gonna post my character info :D

Name: Edarok Dronilnr

Description: A brash Arboreal Dragon, with the tendency to speak out of hand. He doesn't particularly like anyone who takes control, and prefers everyone to make decisions for themselves. He can be quite selfish, but when he has a friend, he cares about them. Also he can be a bit annoying. Edarok is secretive and typically holds important info unless he feels the need to share it with allies.

Type: Arboreal Dragon (Thorn Breath) Made of vines and wood and plant matter.

Backstory: "A wasted time if you ask me, the juvenile years of my life that is. I pretty much sat around it watched my family grow up into darastrix I hate. I never was really interested in other darastrix in the first place, but I make a few exceptions. Ever since the incident, though, I've been paranoid, I couldn't trust others, it took years. I just want to leave it behind, but I can't.

I will probably update this a bit more and maybe a sketch. I probably also mistyped things, but that will get fixed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  5. LeeJohn

LeeJohn Phantasmal Quasar

I'll add mine too. I'm not much of a 2D artist, so I suppose I'll leave it at just a very graphical description :D
    Just need to know if I'm not, by any chance making my character too perfect/OP...

Name: Serelath Shadow-Shroud

Type: Storm Dragon (Thunder Breath)

Description: Dragon of few words, who tends to avoid other individuals, unless they seek to hire a skilled assassin. He acts tense in conversation, putting a huge stress on minimizing time of interaction. Unlike most Storm Dragons his scales are black and similarly to light armor, make no noise during movement. It is due to a rare mutation present among his clan, called "Night's Gift", which affects a male child every few millennia. He sports a tall and athletic frame with not overly muscular arms and legs, a pair of leathery wings and a long tail ended with a dagger-like object (his favourite weapon). His bones are made of energy-absorbing crystalline substance (same as scales) and serve as capacitors for his Thunder Breath. Serelath has mastered the arts of sneaking, theft and assassination and as such does his best to avoid direct confrontation and using his breath (because it is too loud).

Backstory: Born and raised in a powerful and reputable clan of Storm Darastrixi. Since early childhood Serelath's favourite source of entertainment was theft, to which he possessed a true talent. Because of "Night's Gift" he was feared and alienated by his fellow clansmen. Relations between him and the rest of the clan were rocky and he grew increasingly weary of his bloodline. At one time he decided to sever these bonds, which met with violent resistance from his family. Having to murder his siblings and parents purged him of emotions, and pushed him on the way of an assassin, instead of a thief he always intended to be.

Bughunter likes this.
  6. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Dang, that's a sweet backstory! There's nothing Op I see about him unless he's a large dragon, but if he's fairly small I don't see it to be an issue. (The reasoning behind this is because who wouldn't be able to spot a 2 school bus long dragon sneaking in their house. :p )

7. LeeJohn

Thanks!
    Yeah, so I figured :nod:
    I just wonder whether I should make his size about that of a human, to be able to interact with them as well, or a medium to small sized dragon... But for that I'd need to know more about the universe itself. Are humans, like, a rare "commodity", or is it more of a "just another race populating the world" kinda thing. And then how big is an average dragon compared to a human?

EDIT: Plus possibly if there are any other races? I'm talking elves, dwarves, perhaps some demons?

8. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Go whatever size you think you would think RPing the most, just don't go past medium :)

The world will have elven, human, and orcish settlements, with dwarven ones being underground, and entrances located only around mountains. Settlements won't be everywhere though, but they're not rare. but the thing is, most if not all won't like dragons. If someone chooses to play a race other than a dragon, you will most definitely have to RP a scene where you either befriend us or declare us enemies. For interactions with towns, we can have people volunteer to play a certain position, AKA having another character that you only use for that town. Hopefully we can get some really cool stuff done like that.
    worldgenflat.cgi.gif

That is what the world is going to look like, and when we get enough people we can talk about starting locations.

LeeJohn likes this.
  9. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Consider me interested, but I'll wait for more information to surface before making a proper decision.

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  10. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Sure, like what kind of information? Also, sorry for the late reply, I slept through all of yesterday basically.

11. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

I'd like to see more information about the setting and world before I go about trying to make a character. Where does each major species live? What's the "tech level", and does magic appear in the setting? How structured and settled are all the groups? I imagine you'll be working it out with the other participants, so for now I'll probably end up waiting for more decisions to be made.

12. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Ahh OK. I want to get those details in soon, but I really only have time on the weekends till next Friday, but by Saturday or Sunday I should have finalized some of the details.

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  13. LeeJohn

Why don't we start discussing them, when you have the time?

14. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I've got time today and I get out of school real soon, and I don't have anymore assignments, so I am free to discuss details now.

15. LeeJohn

Sorry for the delay, was unable to use the pc for longer than five minutes at a time yesterday.

But while I'm here, why don't I quickly break it down into some points, from most to least important:

• General setting
      • Time frame
      • Technological advancement
        • For each species*
    • Magic
      • Existence (if not, dragon breath and other stuff can be explained scientifically - the boring way)
      • Circumstances under which it can be used*
      • Source*
    • Species
      • Types*P
      • Interspecies relations*
      • Lifestyles*P;*
    • Scale
      • Comparative/Real world units (here I'd opt for metric :up: )
    • World
      • Locations**
      • Resource distribution*
      • Territories**
      • Major beliefs/religions*
    * - optional stuff
    ** - At a later time
    *P - partially covered

Hope this helps to prioritize the discussion.

16. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Mhm. Let me directly respond to most of these and see what everyone thinks @LeeJohn

Time Frame:
    Tech Advancement:
    Humans: Major walled cities, siege engines, muskets and flintlocks. Though not too advanced, humans are one of the 3 races that can use magic.
    Elves: Small cities located in tree groves. Elves possess the highest affinity to magic, and have perfected its uses.
    Orcs: Orcs live in camps and small cities, but different tribes don't get along well. They have the least technology, and prefer brute force.
    Dwarves: Dwarves have steampower, and live in steampunk-esque cities underground. They also use more modern (think 1700's) guns.
    Dragons: Dragons have no use for most technology, relying on their breath attacks. Dragons are very solitary and live in small groups.

Magic:
    Exists
    Not everyone can use magic, except elves, all of them can. If one doesn't learn to control their power, they will die from using too much. You need to be trained from a young age to control it. Magic force comes from the cosmos and the center of the earth, seeping in to people. There are different areas on magic, that rely upon the 5 elements of magic, Fire, Wind, Terra, Water, and Spirit, each doing it's own thing.

Species/Races
    The available races at the moment are listed above.

Trade Routes
    Humans>Elves
    Elves>Dwarves
    Humans>Dwarves
    Dwarves>Orcs
    Wars
    Orcs>Humans
    Orcs>Elves
    Peace Treaties
    Orcs>Dwarves
    Dwarves>Everybody
    Elves>Humans

A bit of their lifestyle is located above, but if anyone wants to spend some time with me to flesh out intricate details, shoot me a message.

Scale:
    Aurar is about 2/3s of the size of earth, and for simplicity's sake, we will be using the Metric System, as most of the real world uses it, and it would be probably best.

World:
    I will use some of my editing magic to set up some locations on the map for settlements and fancy locations, or if someone wants to take on this project themselves, that'd be great too.

Resources are very plentiful in the south of all continents, and scarce the more north you travel. This is due to the high amount of mountains in the south, with the plains up north. Trees are found mostly north and in the middle, with the south having too difficult of terrain for tree growth.

Major cities have an influence which they control that is population+size of city*2, this seems about right. Smaller territories have bounds that have some major overlaps, and they are the ones disputed the most. I probably need to flesh this out and fine tune it on the map to be suitable, but I think this is some good info for now.

For humans there are 3 main religons, one that beli-

Woah I gotta go
    • World
      • Locations**
      • Resource distribution*
      • Territories**
      • Major beliefs/religions*

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  17. LeeJohn

Okay, so here's a quick chart of all the relations:

[​IMG]

Other than that, I like the technological levels for all of the species, except I'd push it one half of a century ahead for the dwarves.

As for magic, I'd say everybody should have their capacity, which is on a similar level to one's stamina.
    Below is a concept of certain effects, the usage of magic could have on the user.

As you put it, "magic seeps" into the bodies of users, replacing used up power. Upon depleting power, the user starts to feel physical effects:
    1. (below) 30% (of the cap): physical fatigue
    2. 20%: mental fatigue
    3. 10%: numbness
    4. 5%: temporary loss of eyesight
    5. upon reaching 0% of the cap: instant death
    Exceeding the capacity is also possible in certain situations, e.g. quickly absorbing it from defeated opponent's body. Maintaining this state requires special training, otherwise is dangerous for the user. Exceeding the power cap can have the following effects:
    1. (over) 130% (of the cap): natural infusion of the muscles (increased strength and agility)
    2. 140%: infusion of the brain (increased mental capacity)
    3. 150%: infusion of the sensory organs (decreased perception and reaction time)
    4. 160%: huge accumulation of magic within the body, causing it to be harder to precisely control the amount of released power
    5. 200%: infusion of every cell in the body (increased regeneration)
    6. 300%: body can no longer fully contain the accumulated magic, causing it to leak through skin and creating an unbreakable barrier around the user, quickly depleting it back to 150%
    A magical explosion might appear under certain circumstances. It vaporizes all non protected matter caught in the explosion. Diameter of the explosion equals 100m*CAP% -> e.g. if somebody dies with 60% of power, the explosion vaporizes 30 meters in each direction from the epicentre
    Magical explosion appears when:
    • The user dies while they still possess power
    • User cannot contain the pressure of accumulated power and his barrier is broken (going above the cap without proper training)
    Now, that doesn't mean everybody's gotta start counting their attacks, but it gives an opportunity to balance magic as a weapon.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Bughunter likes this.
  18. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

How would it be determined? That is, the capacity of the individual.

Also the Tech position of the dwarves seems like it could do with the boost, though I am not sure how much it will affect RP.

19. LeeJohn

((Sorry for the late reply, when I first saw your message I wanted to answer and started writing but then forgot all about it... :facepalm: ))

I guess person should determine it during the creation of the character along with some other stuff...
    What I came up with would apply rather to a game than an RP.

Still, I guess nothing stands in the way of me sharing it:

Basically, there needs to be a list of traits. Every new character gets an equal amount of trait points to distribute as they see fit upon creation.

Example trait list:
    • Speechcraft (or not - this is determined by a person really...)
    • Sneaking
    • Deft touch (thief skill - affects pickpocket and theft in general)
    • Bladed weapon mastery
    • Blunt weapon mastery
    • Ranged weapon mastery
    • Fire element mastery
    • Wind element mastery
    • Terra element mastery
    • Water element mastery
    • Spirit element mastery
    • Stamina
    • Magical capacity
    And everybody gets say, 36 skill points, each skill can hold up to 8.
    Putting 8 points in a trait makes you a master, meaning you can use the ability to it's fullest extent (pretty logical)
    Not putting any points in a skill means you cannot use the skill, or maybe you're just veeeeery bad at it (like, reduced damage on combat abilities etc.)

Example:

So say, a combat mage character, who doesn't want to be a social retard and get tired after running two steps, could look like so skillwise:
    • Speechcraft: 2
    • Sneaking: 0
    • Deft touch: 0
    • Bladed weapon mastery: 0
    • Blunt weapon mastery: 0
    • Ranged weapon mastery: 0
    • Fire element mastery: 8
    • Wind element mastery: 8
    • Terra element mastery: 0
    • Water element mastery: 8
    • Spirit element mastery: 0
    • Stamina: 2
    • Magical capacity: 8

I also had another idea, which works pretty much like sliders - you choose one trait from a set of two and how much you want it (on say a scale of -3 to 3), neutral (or 0) making you a jack of both trades, master of neither :lickitung:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Bughunter likes this.
  20. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Lol social retard, that cracked me up.

But yes, since we don't really deal with stats, and our RP doesn't revolve around humanoids as much as dragons (It still does though) stuff like weapon masteries don't come into account that often, but I can see how this can be a good basis for identifying traits. For example, Edarok would be great at using magic, and therefore have a high capacity, but he'd also have an affinity for wind, water, and terra, because his dragon type has to do with trees and the ground.

For sneaky small dragons I can definitely see deftness, speechcraft, and stamina come into play as traits.

The traits can help other RPers identify other characters, and putting some detail into them in our character bios can probably help.