1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Vanilla (No Mods) [RP] Boundstar - 24/7 with personable staff (Working character descriptions!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Maikoa, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Maikoa

Maikoa Subatomic Cosmonaut

We don't have any required mods for you to join the server, however we do have custom mods that are multiplayer friendly made for the server by users and staff. (We even have custom instruments made specifically for our server by the famous WaveDiver Luthier creator, Alex Vixgeck! <3 )

Alex WaveDiver likes this.
  2. Kinetect

Kinetect Yeah, You!

I would like to join your server, but I am not sure where I can find the info miz.

3. lvl1337n00b

lvl1337n00b Void-Bound Voyager

Their server info is hidden in the rules in a clickable thing. Just a heads up, it's not obvious so you'll have to actually read over the rules closely instead of skimming. Pretty smart, if you ask me.

4. Kinetect

Kinetect Yeah, You!

Since I am new here, what do I do to find it, read it?

5. lvl1337n00b

lvl1337n00b Void-Bound Voyager

There's a link to the rules at the top of the BoundStar forum's front page. Just read through all of them carefully and you should find a clickable word that'll open a small pop-up with the IP address and password.

6. ManOfBran

ManOfBran Void-Bound Voyager

is the server only rp or is there a casual just play the game with friends place?

7. CFFaccount

CFFaccount Void-Bound Voyager

Is Khrinoc still involved?

8. Nadia dimitri

Nadia dimitri Void-Bound Voyager

I give up I've read the rules so many time I give up

9. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

Keep going, it's a cool server! =D Read every entry carefully.

10. Nadia dimitri

Nadia dimitri Void-Bound Voyager

I finally found it

Maikoa and Oricalcum like this.
  11. lordkuba2001

lordkuba2001 Void-Bound Voyager

I was searching thru the whole page and I cannot find the password or the account... My eyes hurt ;-; Can you give at least a hint where the stuff is located? Pretty please :3

12. Maikoa

you could give me a PM on the forums or you can show up in our teamspeak and I'll give you a short quiz or just straight up tell you the pass if you're in the teamspeak

lvl1337n00b likes this.
  13. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

So, I decided to join this server, only to find that apparently nobody at the spawn cared about the rule of not being 'Edgy,' as they were literally comparing how Edgy they were. Then one of them went over and bought some drugs, and all the while they were swearing and ignoring all my attempts to roleplay (I'd gone up and tried to have my character ask what was going on and break up the 'tension,' but none of them responded to a single word I said). I probably won't be joining the server after this (first impressions are really everything, and this was a super crappy one), but I thought I ought to at least mention it, in the hopes that this isn't the norm and that people in charge would know to watch for this a bit harder.

14. Maikoa

From our logs, the only mention of the words "Edge,"(cap) "edgy," "Edgy," (cap) "edge," "edgelord" today:

| less -R
    /ssd/starbound/logs/sblogs_2015-10-11.log:[18:55:09.913] Info: Chat: <Darekor> ^yellow;"Have either of you two seen a man wearing all red? Could be described as edgy."
    /ssd/starbound/logs/sblogs_2015-10-11.log:[19:03:35.508] Info: Chat: <Darekor> ^yellow;"Theres this guy who wears all read, he could be described as edgy, he got fucked up yesterday apparently."
    /ssd/starbound/logs/sblogs_2015-10-11.log:[19:10:39.393] Info: Chat: <Darekor> ^yellow;"Hello black bot, hello black guy, and hello floran, I need to ask you three, have you seen anyone who wears all read, could be classified as edgy, and apparently got fucked up yesterday...?"
    /ssd/starbound/logs/sblogs_2015-10-11.log:[19:50:45.497] Info: Chat: <AfroJax> ^white;* Its proobly my post and i missed it but what ever he proobly wasent listening ic anyway * ^red;Anyone call you edgy yet?
    /ssd/starbound/logs/sblogs_2015-10-11.log:[19:55:09.500] Info: Chat: <Rhathia> ^#f44;"That's like me calling you edgy."
    /ssd/starbound/logs/sblogs_2015-10-11.log:[19:56:12.672] Info: Chat: <AfroJax> ^white;* Eli rolls his head over and looks bord * ^red;Somebody has had some bad experience of being called edgy it seems. PTSD?

Swearing is allowed in roleplay, and in the above instance with Darekor, I was present on the server and was actually watching Darekor roleplay with the two others involved. Now, we had a user who showed up who didn't know how to differentiate IC from OOC during that time period, and I do so hope that wasn't you, because them ignoring you was certainly not their intention as they couldn't tell whether you were IC or OOC from what I've asked of those involved.

As an aside, we don't have a rule about "not being 'edgy,' " as the entire concept of 'edge' is built upon a ground of elitism and self-ego-stroking in roleplay circles. If someone wants to roleplay an 'edgy' character and does it well, more power to them. If they are incapable of pulling off 'edge' well, likely they will be informed by the community. Now in my roleplay guide, I do point out that 'edgy' characters are generally frowned upon, but in no way at all do I state they are against our rules.

I'm sorry your first experience here was not to your liking, but I am confident that any sort of ignoring of roleplay and attempted roleplay is not normally the case.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  15. RoseRx72

RoseRx72 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone, I figured I’d write a review on Bound star and section it into some category’s

Quality of Role Play

Ok, So many people who usually role-play in the good ole days would remember D&D with the dice rolls.

For the past couple of months that I have been on this server, I have seen similar like traits in terms of D&D Role play. I myself was/still am one of those players who loves to role play with dice rolls.

Here is an example: Player 1, takes out his Plasma gun and aims for the target as they attempt to shoot it in the center. [Outside the player uses his/hers dice to determine if they hit or not] Not to long ago a dice roll system was introduced into the server where one could simply with the given command –d20,d100- Could pretty much roll and decide if they succeed in the given action or not. That right there is a huge plus for me really and anyone else would or still has a soft spot for the good old fashion role play would love this.

Another thing which I’ve failed to talk about and I will discuss it, is chances and giving people chances to respond to actions.

During my time of role playing, I’d usually have gone from server to server and I have seen my fair share of role play from other players. Sadly….. they weren’t up to my expectations.

Here is another example of what I mean by this.

Player1: Uses Gatling gun to spray 300 bullets across the fields with no chances of being dodged.

Now, Like everyone knows that in a role play scenario. if they’re walls and other things such as trees or anything in general that can be used as cover you can take cover from that.

From my given point of view, I’d had many people who’d argue over a silly gun and that fact you cant dodge a bullet when presented with logical respond such as taking cover.

When I role played on Bound star and I saw how people actually took real life situations into account and the fact they care about their characters I was in heaven to be honest.

It went from spray and prey to he uses a gun and I get time to respond with a logical legit way of preventing myself from dying if even possible. Key word folks POSSIBLE.

This lead me to see that the Quality of role play on this server is high up there, I’d rate it a 10 out of 10

And really, Who doesn’t enjoy good role play? I mean really, Who doesn’t? I rather be surrounded by people who can role play a card game then being around people who don’t give others chances or just plain jerks because they have a big gun and they can destroy the world.

Hell not even a level 50 warlock in D&D could use his fireball no more then once per turn because it took time to cast and recharge.

So yes once again level of Quality –thumbs up-

Rule enforcement and staff management

Here is a subject that on my part is not really needed in most cases. However when you run a server that has a reputation for good role-play, you kind of need to have rule enforcement and staff

On this section, I will not be discussing much because there is not much to say really. Pretty much staff on this server is always on point and getting things done. If anyone rules are being broken the staff are always there. Rude players are dealt with accordingly and even given chances to redeem themselves something that isn’t really seen in most Starbound servers. Cause you know once you get banned. The hammer stays on you forever. On Boundstar they have a section in the forums which you can post a apology and hope to get unbanned that’s pretty nifty.

Lore, Story and anything related in that field

From picking up a tome of power to seeking world knowledge to become the best of the best.

Who doesn’t like story or lore really?

The most heavy and most lore intensive server I’ve seen so far is Boundstar. Like really Bound star cuts the cake in terms of lore and story.

A side form each of the main races of star bound which are Human,Glitch,Florans,Avians and hylotl. <Cannon races>

The server has its own custom races which have tremendous amounts of lore and story to them.

These custom races were made by players of course which makes role playing with one of those races interesting and you never know what could happen.

I’d say the server has a huge amount of lore in it really.

One of the things I liked most about this server is the story behind characters that you interact with. Each and every single one of them have a backstory or a history either it be bad or good you can tell the players have put their fair share of hard work into making them.

If that does not convince you. Then try looking at the characters and see if you can spot any unique looking ones that stand out from the rest.

With story comes looks and with looks comes questions. He’s wearing green with orange? Why is he or she wearing it? Is that a talking gun?

So many questions that come to mind when tou see or talk to these wonderful made up characters.

I find myself losing track of time when I Role play really… almost a bit to much because really it gets fun and crazy sometimes.

But yeah sorry I was talking out of topic. Lore and story 10 out of 10

Community and its people

Now really, If you know how servers are you also need to take to account you have the good apples and the bad apples.

Often you have the really bad apples which come in and ruin anyone’s day with their silly childish grief or just plain rudeness. Like I said before, The staff on here are pretty much on point when it comes to handling issues. So the community is fairly quiet and calm. So you role play in peace and enjoy your day.

Sometimes you will get the usual run and about tantrum driven people who just don’t know when to call it quits and they do whatever they can to destroy pretty much everything. But as you know they go from server to server doing this. On Boundstar its pretty much handled.

Like I saw one guy who had a terrain destruction mod which destroyed everything that was made of blocks and since the spawn planets had protection on it he sat there for a good whole 10 minutes as staff looked at him with a confused face. He was banned shortly after.

-Thumbs up- you really cant beat that.

The community is reasonable since in order to play on here you need to read the rules. So its rare to find a player who doesn’t know the rules. Everyone knows them and If you wish to play on here then you need to read them. If you don’t understand give it a try its like a thing on here. But if you do manage to get the password then it shows you’ve put effort into reading and remembering the rules.

This concludes my review of the server.

16. Thesealpuncher

Thesealpuncher Void-Bound Voyager

um so. i spent like an hour looking though the rules looking for the pass/account and stuff like that and i could not find it anywhere. is there a specific area where i need to look?

also sorry if you get that question asked a lot its just i really want to join the server :)

17. Maikoa

That's okay!

The password is within our roleplaying rules; you've got to read every single line to ensure you've got a good grasp on them!
    If you want though, we do encourage those having trouble to come to our server's teamspeak so that we can help them with hints and such.

18. ZeroX77

ZeroX77 Orbital Explorer

Hello...how do i get on the server,can someone run me through it[DOUBLEPOST=1446340746][/DOUBLEPOST]I keep trying to go onto the Faq thing,but when i do it,it errors the page,someone help please[DOUBLEPOST=1446341004][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm unable to click the link to the rules,as i am greeted with a page error,therefore I am unable to find the required name and password to get on the server,can someone please help me

_Zero

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  19. Maikoa

Heya, sorry about the late reply! The website is down temporarily for maintenance. It'll be back up soon, my apologies. You can join our TS and we can help you with the rules and the password and such though. ^^'

20. ZeroX77

ZeroX77 Orbital Explorer

It's all fixed now,i finally got onto the rules page and got the required information,i'm all good now