RELEASED Rosalie's Enchanted Hill-Top [Updated 10/25]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Rosalie, Oct 7, 2016.

1. sushimaka

sushimaka Void-Bound Voyager

Oh ! I was so stupid. ( ;; ω ;; )
    it affect in a fourth farm when we create a new game , right ?
    I'm so sorry , I didn't seen it. (´。• ω •。`)

thank you so much ! ! !
    (⁄ ⁄ω⁄ ⁄)
    I'm Understand now , haha

• dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm using both your hill top and forest farm edit would you be making a wilderness and or river one aswell?

Zalkyria likes this.
      • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Posted on her other farm map thread, but reposting here for you guys too:

"Okay, I went ahead and did the fix myself. I renamed the outdoors tilesheet to "spring outdoors" on both of your enchanted maps so that it is 2nd on the tilesheet list. This should resolve any spouse area texture problems. You can find them here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uduur2elraaprou/AADFDBSR1lYHUlbbSY972ZQoa?dl=0"

It should fix the spouse areas and keep all the town tiles for the fancy bridges and stuff.

Rosalie likes this.
        • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

OP updated with a small change! you can now 'sit' on the bench under the pink tree :3

(also shane's shed works, big thanks to @FieryChaos once again!)

[​IMG]

tiffy961 likes this.
          • Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ooh, this is lovely! I shall be adding it forthwith!

Rosalie likes this.
            • teavu

teavu Void-Bound Voyager

@Rosalie
              Hello! I have this mod downloaded and have replaced the original .xnb for the mining farm but the update isn't taking at all when I begin a new character. Is there something I've done wrong?

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

made a new char to test- and it still works fine for me! ;o;

only thing I can think of atm is having a complete clean install after confirming it's in the correct folder and try again
                I know it's a pain in the behind but sometimes it works :(

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay that might sound stupid but as it happened to me more than once I'll ask anyway... Did you actually choose the Hilltop Farm when starting a new game?

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

@tiffy961 @Rosalie I did a map combination of your enchanted hilltop, and @SKKN extended hilltop because I liked both and couldn't choose between the two. I also loved the idea of the river being connected to the lake like Tiffy did in her forest map so I did it on this. It's only for personal use, I just wanted to show you guys :3 http://prntscr.com/d1oj3j

tiffy961 and Rosalie like this.
                    • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

that's beautiful!!! I love it!! X3:love:

Zalkyria likes this.
                      • tiffy961

This is beautiful! You should totally release it <3

Zalkyria likes this.
                        • Zalkyria

Only with your permissions of course! And I will credit to all three of you guys :) @Rosalie @tiffy961 @SKKN

tiffy961 likes this.
                          • tiffy961

I'm all for sharing great mods! That's the awesome thing about this community, no-one seems to mind that kind of thing as long as they are credited. You have my blessing.

Zalkyria likes this.
                            • Zalkyria

Sweet I would totally give credit and do major advertising because I still love all of your maps

• Zalkyria

@Rosalie @tiffy961 I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong. I went ahead to test the maps I edited and I can't walk on the bridge no matter what. I made sure it had the same tile properties that you had in your enchanted hill top. Please help me :(

I included the files I used for this except for the paths. The bus stop goes with the extended map

Attached Files:

• FieryChaos

Add those tile properties to the "spring town bridge" tilesheet and see if that works.

EDIT: More specifically, tiles 909, 969, 970, 1007 and 1008.

EDIT 2: Didn't see the invisible tiles on the building layer you have at first, remove those on the bridges. Things in the background layer should default to being passable so those are unneeded.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
                                  • Zalkyria

Okay I'm adding the properties now and as for the invisible tiles Idk how to remove them. Which I don't think the properties helped? It must be the invisible tiles you mentioned.

• FieryChaos

In tIDE, there are different tile select / placement options on the right side; select the cursor (Select Tiles) or simply press the shortcut key, S. Go to the buildings layer, hover over the bridges and at the bottom you will see what tilesheet the invisible tiles come from and what number they are from that tilesheet (info that could be useful but is mostly just for info in this case). Select those tiles (click and drag to select multiple tiles while in "S" mode) and at the top toolbar you should see a red X that deletes tiles, or alternatively just use your "delete" key. Invisible tiles can be useful to block off areas you don't want accessed (such as around the plank bridges around the town, which if those weren't there you could just get on the bridge and walk on the water), but can be hard to spot if you're not aware of them.

And yes, it is the invisible tiles. You also have a number of strange tile anomalies I just skimmed over in tide and in-game.

EDIT: There's also an "Erase Tiles" tilebrush on the right side (default key "E"), so you can use that too.

Zalkyria likes this.
                                      • Zalkyria

Okay I just did what you told me to do now so going to test them. As for the strange tile anomalies this is still like WIP so there is probably some tiles I missed, but just in case could you send me screenshots of the ones you noticed? ugh this is so frustrating I might as well just redo the map v.v For some reason I cannot delete the stupid invisible blocks. I have done the select them and delete. I did the erase tool. I made sure to erase around the bridge too because I figured that screwed it up.

• FieryChaos

Just a few I noticed from quick skimming and whatnot:

1) Tile in the front layer which looks weird in game; should remove it.
                                          EDIT: Actually on 2nd look at, might want to extend the part of land down 1 more tile or move the entire bridge up 1 tile.
                                          fronttile 1.png

2) You might have removed these when fixing the bridges, but invisible tiles in the building layer here, behind the flowers.
                                          invisible tiles.png

3) Opening here you might be able to get into the water with. Just place an invisible tile here.
                                          placeinvisible.png

That's all I saw from a quick skim.