1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain fan-fiction- trying to put a story to the enigmatic game

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Tiamat7200, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Tiamat7200

Tiamat7200 Void-Bound Voyager

Well, this forum area hasn't seen some love in a while, so who knows who'll see this. But it never hurts to throw it to the wind.

I've decided to start working on a fan-fiction piece for Risk of Rain. The story is so incredibly enigmatic that it presents a compelling piece to write about; lots of freedom to work with, while at the same time having specific, guiding parameters. I'm trying to stay true to Risk of Rain's core; that is, brutal and a certain kind of cruel, with a sizable cast of characters on an alien planet.

Not sure how to work in the items in any logical manner... we'll see :DD

Here's where I'm currently at. For all intents and purposes, this is a preview. It is subject to change in its entirety!

Quiet-Emerald likes this.
    • Saturnyoshi

Saturnyoshi Aquatic Astronaut

I didn't read all of it, but from what I did read, it's quite well written! I actually really like the idea of putting more of a story into the game.

• Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

This is really good! I don't think I've ever even seen Ror fanfic before, but this is impressive.

• n-tropy

n-tropy Space Hobo

Honestly amazing! I've been looking for something like this since I first read the monster logs. Looking forward to further chapters!