1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Right click destroys craftable machines

Discussion in 'Support' started by monteso, Mar 21, 2017.

1. monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

On my main save file, that I had since launch, I am running into the problem that the mouse right click/X Check/Do action button is destroying all place-able machines on my farm outside of buildings. Everything is affected: sapper, beehives, flowerpots, scarecrows, artisan product machines, everything. What is even more puzzling my newer save, after the update, doesn't have this problem. Any help or info would be appreciated.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, I created a savefile on v1.07, and gave myself a couple items(cheesepress/scarecrow). I also tried crafting a few bee houses; placing them all outside. Then loaded the save in both v1.11 and the current Beta, but I can't seem to reproduce the error.

Was your savefile modded in any way?

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

Yes, I had followed a guide on how to add a second pet to the farm giving me a dog and cat. I also have my gamefiles modded but with only spritesheet replacers/retexures. Here is my save file.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hey Monteso, I've been taking a look. And, you're right this is really weird. My best guess is the modded farm map data in the save is causing issues with the vanilla game.
          As you noticed it affects craftables; and seems to be only the ones to the West of your farmhouse.

Specifically in the savefile it's the 'objects' data in the section for the 'Farm'. As I could transplant that to a new save & the items would mysteriously break over there as well.
          I tried comparing individual items, & modifying their data while keeping their locations in-tact to see if it was on an item-to-item basis. But, no; even items with clean code would experience the issue.

I also noticed you had a backup file from about 20 in-game days prior; during Winter year3. That farm doesn't have the error.

Honestly, I've never come across this before; so I'm a bit lost on an exact fix. I'm wondering if there's some sort of specific order in the savefile those items need or something else I missed. But, it's a lot to sort through. And, I'm not sure if I'll be able to narrow it down further or provide an exact fix.

But, in the meantime; I tried borrowing the Object data from your old savefile and placed it into your current one. Then I went over, and tried updating some of the key items(sprinklers/chests/etc), in an effort to get them as close to your original Spring-year4 game. It works, but there's likely a few things different.
          Hopefully, it should at least be good enough for you to continue playing without that craftables being destroyed.

Attached Files:

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

Tried the file now and its working fine. Shame we couldn't find the cause of the problem. Thanks for all your help.

MysticTempest likes this.