1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Revive Objects 1.1

Revive/Respawn/Checkpoint Objects

1. Tremerion

Tremerion Existential Complex

Tremerion submitted a new mod:

Revive Objects - revive respawn checkpoint missions

Read more about this mod...

2. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

very useful mod.
    must have

Tremerion likes this.
  3. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I tried it out. Looks like it works on your ship. It also looks like it works with a vanilla script. Interesting that something that useful was already sitting in the game not being used like this. It looks like it was originally used on a teleporter. Can it be used on any object then? For instance, could we make a regular, interactable bed that does this? Or, maybe an alternative, working telaporter for your ship with this script?

edit: What about items? Do you think there's away for an item to activate this script? Perhaps a consumable or an active item?

edit: Wish I knew a bit of scripting. Looks like it wouldn't be hard to script a stim effect to set the player starting position at the current location of the player when taking the stim. Well, even that's a bit much for me anyways.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. Tremerion

I will see if it is possible :)

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Looks better than my functionally similar but far lazier flag mod for sure.

Did you include an option to turn planet-side teleporting on/off? If not a simple wire node is all it takes. Well that or a fancy GUI.

Because sometimes you just want to change the beam down point without necessarily wanting to respawn there too. Especially on planets that need EPPs(and you forget :D).

Also for an object that does this... Something like an Apex pod? It would seem very immersive.

6. Tremerion

I did not include such option. Don't know how :)

Apex pod, noted :D Will do

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

It's a optional argument to the function setting the spawn point. I can't tell you more than that... I'm on mobile. You can see what I mean in my world start modifier... Or whatever I called it. It's a lazy mod I put together in 5 minutes lol. I patched the flags to have wire nodes. Not very elegant or immersive.

So you hook up a flag to a switch or a door etc, and can remove it after if you want. Interacting works like normal flags do.

The code is very simple. You can use it yourself if you decide you want it, but that's up to you.

I'll probably use your mod over my own for appearance/immersion sake.

edit:
    Well I'm home now,
    Not much too it. I patched the flags to have a couple nodes and a script. This is the script I added to the flags.
    Code:
    function init()

end

function onNodeConnectionChange(args)

end

function onInputNodeChange(args)
      if object.getInputNodeLevel(0) then
        world.setPlayerStart(object.position(), object.getInputNodeLevel(1))
      end
    end

So yeah... not my most impressive work. Like I say, I put the mod together in about 5 minutes time LOL.

But I would explain that world.setPlayerStart() takes 2 arguments.
    1. The position of the new beamdown/spawn point
    2. A boolean value that indicates if you should respawn on that planet(instead of the ship) when you die on that planet.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  8. 5tern

5tern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you add vanilla checkpoint object craftable (that used in standart missions)? Thanks

9. Tremerion

Ofcourse :) it will be added in an update, alongside with Apex Pod

10. Tremerion

Tremerion updated Revive Objects with a new update entry:

1.1 - New obejcts(few apex and tier beds)

Read the rest of this update entry...