NPC Revamping Pet System

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Armorine1983, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

I would like to see the pet system changed a bit. Keep the current pets but don't consider them pets any more and add a new system where the pets can be passive followers that follow you around like in Terraria. For each different pet i would like to see a passive bonus added to the player like (5% more pixels, 10% more damage, etc). Also i would like to change the colors of the pets by purchasing capsules that can be found from shops at the Outpost

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

Well the oblivious collar already seems to do this, as well (I think the ghostly collar) but without the added bonuses, except they do give off light.

3. OriginDrago

OriginDrago Tentacle Wrangler

I Think The Pets Needs Levels Because My Pet DIES Every Single Enemy And Jumps in Lava And Poison (P.S Need Evolve)

Armorine1983 likes this.
  4. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I agree they need to be stronger, but I think evolving would "to Pokémon".

IxFa likes this.
  5. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to see a system where pets have "DNA" - basically Pokemon-like stats with some randomization, so my Poptop has more health, yours deals more damage, etc. Then you can do "gene splicing" to upgrade stats, teach it new attacks, or breed new monsters.

6. OriginDrago

OriginDrago Tentacle Wrangler

Guys This Thing Is Bothering Me A Long Time Can Someone Make A Scanner For Unknown Enemys And Make Them NOT-UNKNOWN Plz (I Really Like Unknows But I Dont Like The Name Just Unknown And We Need Nametags For Pets)

7. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

They are nameable via the subtitle tag in the capture pod data. The description of them is also possible to edit.
    I named my poptop Mawile.

You can also colour the text in the description with ^red;<text>^reset; or the desired equivalent. Violet and Indigo work too.

So.. In theory, a mod to name and describe pets is very very doable, I don't see any barriers to it.

8. meurtio

meurtio Lucky Number 13

I've had my eye on this game for a while now, but from what I've been hearing from here and other sources, the game is a complete mess.