1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

(RESOLVED) Server suffered power loss, players lost teleport lists

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KichiK, Aug 8, 2016.

1. KichiK

KichiK Void-Bound Voyager

So, I must have just been searching weirdly, cause this seems like it might be a fairly common issue, BUT I found nothing about it.

So, I've been a server off my desktop, and last night, I had a power flicker, just enough to turn my desktop off. When I booted back up and got the server running, I checked, and all my teleport bookmarks were gone. After a little messing around, I found out some server ID thing had changed, and by changing that in my .player file manually (I used Notepad++), I could restore the list.

Sadly, most of my friends are not gonna have it easy performing that solution, and in the first place, I'd much rather have a method of SPECIFYING that server ID.

So, is there a way of doing this? If I could revert back to the old ID, that'd save me (and my players) a TON of trouble.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

You changed the universe id in your player file right? It would have been better to change the id in the universe settings (universe.dat)
    One of your players has to provide his/her player file so that you can restore it inside the universe.dat (and of course your playerfile again)
    Or if one of the player backups have the old id you can use this.

As for a server you should always revert back to the old id in the universe.dat instead of the player file. Your outpost will also have been resetted but should get restored by doing the missions again (or use the setuniverseflag command)

~ Iris ~

3. KichiK

KichiK Void-Bound Voyager

Reverting the ID in Universe.dat is literally exactly what I was hoping I could do. Thank you so much for the info! Issue resolved!