Pixel [Requests] Pixel Perfect (Starbound Pixel Art)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ZallCaTor, Mar 5, 2015.

1. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Eho! I've decided to join the club. Surprise, surprise, I'm a pixel artist! In my olden days of Minecraft I did custom item textures for people, and got pretty good. Anyway, thought I'd use those skills here.

On this thread I will post whatever pixel art I feel inclined to make. Mostly consisting of items, armor, and weapon textures (for Starbound) and/or recreations of already existing things that I believe need a retexture. I will even take custom orders if your a mod maker, or just a guy looking for something cool. (The only rule is that you must credit me if you ever use my work in a mod or any other manner where credit is due.)

I am in the middle of production of "Captain's Log" so any custom orders made here might take a while if I'm busy.

So, until production of art begins, here are some of my works from my Minecraft days.
    These items are my recreation of such things as weapons from Oblivion game, armor pieces from an anime show, TF2 weapons, and other various mods. I love recreating things with pixels, loads of fun.
    Oh, and the one in the upper left corner, that's the Master Sword! Woot!

Starbound Stuff:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I think that the Novakid, Glitch and Avian Mater Manipulators need redoing, but for now, here they are. I'm particularly proud of the Hylot model.
    I think I just realized a horrible truth..... I've been designing the Mater Manipulators backwards the ENTIRE TIME!
    I thought the open end was the operating one, But now I see that, what I thought was the handle, was the operating end! OHHH NOOOOOEEEZZZ!!!!!

[​IMG]
    Here's a revised version of the Avian GravGun, just encase the feathers don't look good:
    [​IMG]

Old Minecraft Stuff:
    [​IMG]

So, if you like my work, well, like it. And if you want something custom ordered, just post your request below with a picture and details. Thanks.

-ZallCaTor

Ps: yes I know I spelled oblivion wrong in the photo, ;)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I love pixel art! right now i don't have anything to request but i hope to see more!

3. ZallCaTor

Thanks, I can always count on you to "like" :confirm:my stuff. lol

4. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I think i'm becoming the creepy fan/stalker guy :) i am watching your posts :DD ...always :lickitung:

5. ZallCaTor

:lod:

Elldar and Nibolas O Anelbozas like this.
  6. Xirukai

Xirukai Pangalactic Porcupine

Could you try and make this?
    But with a wooden handle.

[​IMG]

7. ZallCaTor

Shure could! I'm go'n to bed soon, but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

8. ZallCaTor

Here yah go. Army Knife with wooden handle as requested. Let me know if you want me to change anything.
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if you want it to be smaller, but the average Starbound knife is 24x24... Btw, it looks way beter up close....
    [​IMG]

9. Xirukai

Could you make it be vertically straight? I know how to reposition the sword angles to get it in the desired position.

10. ZallCaTor

Sure thing.

11. ZallCaTor

Here yah go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Xirukai likes this.
  12. Xirukai

Excellent, thanks.

13. ZallCaTor

np, just make sure you credit me if you ever use it in a mod. ;)

14. Xirukai

I will likely use it in a custom item created through Starcheat. I'll add it in the grey name bit with ; Sprite by ZallCaTor. :)

15. ZallCaTor

Cool, cool. ;)

16. ZallCaTor

Just made a Klingon Bat'leth for Starbound!
    (If anyone wants to use this in a mod or something, let me know and I'll post the regular sized sprite.)
    [​IMG]

General Nuclear likes this.
  17. ZallCaTor

Currently working on a set of Racial Mater Manipulators. I find it odd that all races have the same style of mater manipulator. Naturally the basic design is human, so I'm designing new mater manipulators for every other race. I've completed the Avian, Hylot, Apex and Floran, all that's left is Glitch and Novakid. (the Novakid one will be a tough one.)

18. ZallCaTor

Here they are, the racial Mater Manipulators. I think that the Novakid, Glitch and Avian ones need redoing, but for now, here they are. I'm particularly proud of the Hylot model.
    [​IMG]

19. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I demand they implement this in the game!!!! and give you an badge for it! as your thread says...pixel perfect! the only thing that tickles me (no joke intended) is the feathers, i don't see the use for them, but the rest is perfect!

20. ZallCaTor

Yes, I did question the use of feathers. I had a hard time designing that one to look avian.[DOUBLEPOST=1426520913][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a revised version.
    [​IMG]

Alkanthe and Nibolas O Anelbozas like this.