Modding Discussion [REQUEST] Polygamy

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Xerxius, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MissCoriel

MissCoriel Phantasmal Quasar

But this means my idea to expand the others can happen.
    If there is a variable or switch that tells the game that you ARE Married and WHOM, you can use that to make after marriage events that can"
    1. Enhance your marriage experience
    2. sauce up your life with secret encounters with your others

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    • Grenian

Grenian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not to necro a thread because I hate when people do that but something similar to what Skyrim had for a multiple marriages mod might work if you added a new 'barn' for stored wives to wander in. While this would likely 'break' any gameplay aspect it would add to the 'harem idea.' Basically now that divorce is possible this should even be more possible. You would want a way to marry, then 'store' that marriage-which would place the wife in the wifebarn. They would no longer act as a wife-no free work force sorry-and would be effectively 'divorced' except that they would stay in the wifebarn on your farm. Editing the AI may be impossible or adding the new building may be as well. I am not a modder but this would be a similar idea to have multiple marriages in skyrim as long as you owned enough houses.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately, the AI is a total PITA and will simply teleport the NPC home whenever, so yeah.... not really doable :'(

• BinaryDelusions

BinaryDelusions Void-Bound Voyager

Well, if being able to marry all the spouses isn't an option then what about the option of multiple boyfriends/girlfriends? Should you choose to marry one of them, perhaps there's a way to make it so that the jealousy behaviors won't be triggered when giving gifts to girlfriends/boyfriends?

It could be more realistic by altering npcschedules and dialogues once they become your girlfriend/boyfriend so that actually appear on your farm or in your house, but that's a lot of coding and alterations in itself.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not until we move to FarmHand, and even then it would take quite a bit of work properly hooking into the gifting system to make disabling jealousy possible.

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

What about the kissing animation. How does this work ?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It works similar to any other "mood" animation, but the trigger is just as inaccessible as the rest.

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

Damn this game that teaches you to be faithful to your spouse ! :V

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Instead of forcing a true Polygamy mod, how difficult is it to basically "swap" wives, like a harem? You would need the following:
                    1) call to check your current wife and basically un-marry her.
                    2) call, by directed by the first as a follow up, to set someone else as the married person (because I assume it would super break the game if you went from married to un-married)
                    3) Store somewhere (this should be easy) the NPC ID of the NPC you had as your wife in 1)
                    4) If you want to be fancy, you could even have a small menu that calls the associated sprite and portrait of the NPC ID stored in [3] and displays it as "Your wives" like a list
                    5) If you wanna be super fancy, you could push dialogue changes during 1) and 2) to signalize that they're not your only wive
                    6) The FANCY deluxe: push dialogue changes for NPCs registered in 3)
                    This way you are never really married (game code) more than once

A real polygamy would need a bigger house than we currently have anyway. Another issue would be that you will only ever have your first children with your first wive but that's generally how it works in some monarchies, too.

• ruunya

ruunya Void-Bound Voyager

well, what if you a "hired help" system. a paid npc to work on the farm and give them some of the features of a spouse. or you could change someones path to randomly come to the farm once in a while.

• Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wish I know how to code, so I can marry Abby and Elliot <3<3<3