1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[[REQUEST]] Can someone help me make a custom weapon that others can see?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by undeadkyle, Apr 12, 2014.

1. undeadkyle

undeadkyle Master Chief

I would like a custom gun to be made.. Specifically a M4 Carbine.

It needs to be 2 handed and etc.. Can anyone make me one? I would really appreciate it! :)

2. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For that to happen you would need to download that mod, and then have whoever you are playing with also download said mod.

Now stop bumping, please.

Farathil likes this.
  3. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

what scourger said
    the way the game handles unknown items/blocks (if the server doesnt have the mod, then the mods items are unknown) then it doesnt exist, and removes it because its not real
    if the server does have the mod then it does exist and is treated how it should be
    so for others to see the gun, the server host you are using, and the people on the server must have the mod installed

I do know the devs wanted to add a way for this to stop happening by "forwarding mod data between server and client" or something like that

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Please don't bump your threads if they don't receive a reply within 24 hours, and are still on the first page of the forums. If you do bump a thread, please do so with an on-topic post. One that says nothing but "^" is classified as spam.

5. undeadkyle

undeadkyle Master Chief

I have a custom weapon that others can see that i made myself. Please d ont post if you do not know what im talking about!!!!

6. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

what do you mean by custom then
    a racial weapon, or a weapon from a mod
    possibly a weapon you found in a chest or that dropped from a kill?

Farathil likes this.
  7. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

if you make a temporary mod that changes how the game generates specific guns (without modifying the main gun balance file, whatever it's called), you can generate very powerful guns that work fine on servers. Though I'd consider it cheating, it does work.

With file-fiddling I even made a shotgun that fires dynamite pigs at a rapid rate that worked online perfectly. While it was very lag-inducing, it was equally hilarious.

8. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Well, maybe you could try not being so goddamned vague instead. It wasn't his fault, I have no idea what you specifically are requesting either.

Farathil likes this.
  9. undeadkyle

undeadkyle Master Chief

I made a custom handgun by changing the artwork of the Bubble Gun. i replaced it with my pixelized Beretta drawing. Everyone else can see my Beretta M9. I didnt realize this was not well known. Sorry for the confusion

10. undeadkyle

undeadkyle Master Chief

11. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

You cannot make a custom weapon mod and expect others to see it in the game. It is considered an unknown to the vanilla game.
    If they install said mod, sure it can easily been done. Yet it is a modification to said vanilla game, therefore will not be seen by the majority who play vanilla.
    If you are asking how to create a procedural generated weapon then you should have asked more specifically instead of talking about a mod.
    To create one you would have to spawn in a random (procedural created) weapon, then go into the files (or a data manipulation mod) then change the values of the code.
    You cannot do pixel art though. You have to use the data that is already in place in game. It is also VERY LIKELY that the people who "saw" it saw the weapon it was before you replaced the model.
    Now stop bumping this dang thread, it gets highly repetitive and childish to some of us.

Yzzey likes this.