1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Repairing pickaxes and armor dyes

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ateerix, Dec 5, 2013.

1. yopguy

yopguy Void-Bound Voyager

To my understanding, you cant. However, you are able to modify the damage they take from mining to 0, therefore never breaking. And if you really want to make them repairable, just copy the "durabilityRegenChart" string in the code.

"durabilityRegenChart" : [
    [ [ "copperore" ], 750], [ [ "silverore" ], 1125], [ [ "goldore" ], 1500], [ [ "platinumore" ], 1875], [ [ "diamond" ], 2250]
    ],

The string for damage to pick is: (set one to zero)
    "durabilityPerUse" : 1,

Slender likes this.
  2. penguinfreak72

penguinfreak72 Void-Bound Voyager

Right click a tool with a diamond and it repairs it.

3. Meukleiker

Meukleiker Title Not Found

Guys, you can just use copper for all your repairing needs. Save your valuable ores for more, valuable things.

The only ores that I noticed don't work for repairing is iron, but otherwise copper has always worked for me. Just be sure to right click with the ore in hand on the tool you want to repair.

4. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

As GLord said, dyes are currently only used in the paint gun. They have no other purpose at the moment; you can't dye your armour.

5. Not sure why this was brought back, it was 5 months dead and the question was answered previously.