1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Repairing pickaxes and armor dyes

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ateerix, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Ateerix

Ateerix Pangalactic Porcupine

How do you use either one of those things?

I have a lot of armor dye, and I have a pickaxe that is down to no health.

I feel like those are the kinds of things that should be included in the tutorial quests

2. JamesTheStrange

JamesTheStrange Aquatic Astronaut

It seems a real good place to put a pixel or material sink. But yeah, just replacement seems the way to go for the moment.

3. Kane

Kane Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't think there is a repair. I think someone fell a sleep lol.

4. Danson2080

Danson2080 Void-Bound Voyager

No idea about how to dye stuff, but there is a way to repair.

For a copper pickaxe, just take some copper ore, left click the ore and right click over the pickaxe. Each ore should heal one health box or so. I haven't tried with other tools or materials (pickaxe gets the most use by far) but I assume the process is the same, just match the ore to the tool type.

5. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Oh yeah I remember about that. Do bars do more?

6. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

pickaxes are easy to repair, just use a precious ore like copper, silver, gold and so on. Select said one then drag it on top of your axe and right click, it'll fix it.

7. Kane

Kane Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh what? What about bars?

8. MontyDrake

MontyDrake Title Not Found

Apparently bars don't work.

9. JanoS

JanoS Void-Bound Voyager

Single copper ore fixes 10% of all pickaxes. Advanced ores are slightly better, but not worth to use them for fixing IMO.
    Stone pickaxe mines at 0.6 power, and when it depletes it has 0.3 power
    Copper starts at 0.9, as depleted it has 0.6
    Silver 1.3 - 0.6

Rin-Kin likes this.
  10. lord_pudding

lord_pudding Void-Bound Voyager

so does any one know how to dye armors?

11. kkwillmert

kkwillmert Space Spelunker

Yes, what about dye? I have some, but haven't been able to figure out how to use it...

12. Koh

Koh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like to know how to dye my armor set. :zzz:

I play Multiplayer most of times, and using this set that protects you against cold all of the same colour turns a lil. bit confusing.
    :zombie:

13. tooclose

tooclose Space Spelunker

Not sure how to dye things yet, but you can put different articles of clothing into the 2nd slot beside your armor to essentially wear it over top

14. ZyberBlood

ZyberBlood Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've tried the drag and right click for my diamond pick axe repair but no luck. Its at 2 health bars Ive also have tried to repair other picks but no luck on them being fixed. I wish they did not take damage.

15. OwenBDead

OwenBDead Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure, but maybe you need a paint gun, which is unlocked after gamma/delta? Not sure which.

16. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

diamond takes actual diamonds, not diamond ore. I hope this is a bug...

17. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

diamond can still be repaired with copper ore though, so don't use your diamonds.

Only use I've ever seen for dyes is to make the paint gun.

18. GLord

GLord Big Damn Hero

Armor dyeing isn't implemented yet.

janusforbeare likes this.
  19. yopguy

yopguy Void-Bound Voyager

Copper ore works on all pickaxes and drills up to diamond type axes/drills. Paint gun can only be used to paint wall blocks in the background (its super cool, I'd recommend you try one if your spaceship looks as plain as mine).
    However, so far, all ores only up till platinum can be used for repairing, not sure if this is a glitch or not. But copper ores are the most efficient as JanoS stated.

20. Slender

Slender Aquatic Astronaut

How to repair a Fishaxe, Laser Mining Tool and a KingV Guitar? It doesn't use any ores :/