1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships between races

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by dannyboy8899, Jun 30, 2013.

1. PureWillkuer

PureWillkuer Starship Captain

Why not? A plantoil driven robot is a great thing. Polution free and prohibits an overgrowing of floran populationX3

2. dannyboy8899

dannyboy8899 Aquatic Astronaut

oh, but we shall overgrow
    we spread like weeds
    carnivorous weeds...
    well!
    wires and metal will do!
    they have a nice metallic taste to them

3. joshmusic95

joshmusic95 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe just partner races like

Apex -- Humans -- Glitch
    Hytol -- Florans -- Avians

Novakid?

4. FireStrike

FireStrike Star Wrangler

i thing it's time to get my lawn mower to cut down on the weed and burn them.

5. JoshF

JoshF Void-Bound Voyager

If you build it... they will come.

dannyboy8899 likes this.
  6. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Obviously Avians will be friends with American humans

7. spd12

spd12 Orbital Explorer

Regardless of lore, I imagine everyone will be chumming up to each other for their race-specific recipes for whatever.

8. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

ill try my best.
    -from the newsletter, we know that avians and glitch are somewhat good buddies, the latter having given the former space-travel technology.
    -from the newsletter again, the glitch and the avians are pretty much enemies to florans, seeing them as a parasitic infection.
    -i guess humans could seem like a "neutral" group
    -apex and avian will either be good pals or big enemies imo, the former because they both might understand how it is to be "watched over" (miniknog versus kluex) or the latter because apex are very technological and avians arent all that much.
    -no clue for hylotl yet.

but thats just my own vision of it, tiy already said the player represent a "wild card" that might have ditched the darker side of theire culture

Autzome and Endless Rain like this.
  9. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

This thread was not as romantic as the title suggested...

Steamarrowe likes this.
  10. daridan

daridan Aquatic Astronaut

The newsletters had lore for the avions. They met the glitch and are neutral/friendly. The florans are atm hostile towards the aviens, who are trying to blockade them on their planet to prevent them from spreading. Florans have taken glitch tech, unknown whether or not that means they are hostile. (I would assume yes because the florans attacked and took a crashed glitch ship). Nothin known yet about humans hylotl apex or novakids as of yet. New newsletter should be coming in the next day or so though
    Edit: damn, phyrex beat me to it haha. Really suggest reading the newsletters. They are good stuff

Phyrex likes this.
  11. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

Let me guess..... monkey business? :p

dannyboy8899 likes this.
  12. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

I didn't even think of that joke! You sir, are wonderful!

13. SelfAwareChimp

SelfAwareChimp Industrial Terraformer

I'd imagine they'd keep it fairly open in terms of diplomacy and relationships, so that people can decide on their own. Means more varied fun for people who roleplay.

14. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Phantasmal Quasar

There is a definite theme of food within this topic

dannyboy8899 likes this.
  15. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

I would say relations between Avians and Florans would be cool at best.

16. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

What an ordinary Floran expansionist hell bent on chewing everyone's asses until someone steps up against it. Run along to your little hole in the ground, will you?

17. dannyboy8899

:p

18. Malvolio Portius

Malvolio Portius Pangalactic Porcupine

We humans should squash the other races like the vermin they are. They might have their uses however, not quite sure they are worth the trouble yet...

19. dannyboy8899

u being raceist?

20. Malvolio Portius

Malvolio Portius Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes I am, what are you going to do "Flower Boy"? The dominion has no place for a kind that eat it's own!