1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Recolor One Hand?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Colonel Tractor, May 7, 2017.

1. Colonel Tractor

Colonel Tractor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey guys, I'm the kind of nerd who plays on an rp server, and, long story short, one of my characters has a cybernetic hand. Is there a way to recolor this to reflect the change? Thanks in advance for any and all help, even if it's just a "no."
    (This is her btw)
    upload_2017-5-6_22-26-21.png
    EDIT: To clarify, I mean with the use of 3rd-party software such as Starcheat. I am aware that this cannot be done in vanilla.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

idk, but you could always dye the glove items, you can just wear one of those if you want to

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Yep, but it would'nt be what they want, since they want only one hand to be colored differently than the other

And so, as far as I know, it is not possible if you stay vanilla (which I would assume is the case cos you stated before that you're on a rp forum)
    There is most likely a mod for that tho

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

It's probably possible by spawning custom items (when playing starbound privately, /admin and then /spawnitem and then /admin again). You could probably spawn a custom version of the torso piece your character wears with the appropriate arm sprite changed to look cybernetic. If all else fails, there's probably a way with drawables.

5. Colonel Tractor

Colonel Tractor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the responses, but I've had no luck with drawables on a chest piece so far. As of yet, I've only been able to recolor them w/ Starcheat, which is fairly simple.

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Hmmm, could you perhaps use Starcheat to spawn a version of your torso item with a slightly edited bsleeve? I'm not really knowledgeable regarding Starcheat's capabilities, but if you can manage to do that, you'd be done.

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I don't think it will work properly because starbound mirrors the sprites which means when you look to the left and to the right, it looks the same. So wen your character has assynchronous characteristics, then they magically "swap" sides too. So that is a slight irregularity you will have to live with.

Last edited: May 15, 2017