1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help RCON Issues

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by pyrofool, Dec 24, 2016.

1. pyrofool

pyrofool Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having issues connecting to the server via rcon. I had started a server manager a while back that I never finished. I started playing around with it again and I'm no longer able to get a response from the server. I tried using some code a user Dunto had written but that doesn't seem to work at all anymore and when I use official Valve rcon library, I can send commands but I get no response. Does anyone have a working solution?

2. Sprvrn

Sprvrn Title Not Found

Are you talking about this rcon client? https://gist.github.com/Dunto/e310c00e84b98e0e90dd
    I can confirm it still works for me.

Check your starbound_server.config file and make sure you have:
    Code:
      "rconServerBind" : "*",
      "rconServerPassword" : "a_password",
      "rconServerPort" : 21026,
    Check you edited the rcon_client.py properly (line 30,31 and 32)
    Code:
    RCON_SERVER_HOSTNAME = 'myserver.com'
    RCON_SERVER_PORT = 21026
    RCON_PASSWORD = 'myrconpassword'
    Also, maybe the rcon port is closed? (default: 21026)

3. pyrofool

pyrofool Void-Bound Voyager

it looks like it wasn't working because I was using 127.0.0.1. I was testing some code locally so I figured that would be fine. After changing to my actual ip it's working, although I'm using '::' as my server bind.

4. AndyBlizzard

AndyBlizzard Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry to jump in, but where can i find this file? I am using Steam SB client and PenGUIn to run server. =)

EDIT: Oh, this file is a client itself. Sorry. )

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017