1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional Rate my drawing

Discussion in 'Art' started by Yoseiri, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guess how long have it been since I started drawing ? (I'll draw you if you get it right)

お茶Mi's and Crossfang like this.
  2. Qtw

Qtw Phantasmal Quasar

i got a 100% chance of getting this question right.
    it has been period of time since you started.
    LOL.

in all seriousness...i have no clue. not good at measuring time...but i have to say...both look nice.
    well drawn. i am better at sprite work as an artist and critic...but i can easily say i like what you made.
    i give you an F- ...for being too good at this.
    (in case the joke doesnt click...thats basically an A+ for being good.)

Yoseiri likes this.
  3. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok for real criticism I am going to give you a 7.5/10. For while you have drawn a really nice character, that is all it is. It is very standard and some of the only defining character traits I can pick up on is pug dog eyebrows, and a sapling on their head. There is no action to the picture other then a glance to the side. The hands are drawn behind the body, which is a problem as it makes the art stale and lack any engaging features. The body is very flat and unrealistic and simplistic. There is a lack of background and the feeling that there can be more done. It is a picture that can probably do more given some more time and love on other fields. The other picture is what I think is unfinished... if I am wrong, then lets just say it needs some touch ups as I can't properly see what is going on in it.

But you do have a nice sketch, you have better hair then I could ever wish to draw myself, and you can stylize clothing, another thing I lack. You seem more interested that it looks nice then that it expresses emotion, but to each their own.

I am going to guess this drawing took about 1-5 days and if you meant as a whole... I am going to say possibly 5-9 years of experience.

Yoseiri likes this.
  4. Yoseiri

Oh thanks guys, I'm happy with the result, tbh 30% of my drawing is WIP. I have 1.7 years experience, the drawing took about 15 mins, also here's a new one
    [​IMG]
    Yeah I tried to draw animal but human version( I change my user name to YouthSprout on other social media since there's also a person name YoungSprout)

お茶Mi's, Arra and Crossfang like this.
  5. Yoseiri

I just asked the admin to change my username into YouthSprout, I hope they see my comment soon, I'm going to be really sad if some one have that username :(

6. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Ooooh , I love your sketches!
    They're both adorable and weird at the same time.

The second art post is freakin cute! Especially the bunny girl.
    I wanna see more works from you. Your style is good but still, it needs some polishing , especially those line strokes.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Dekadrachm likes this.
  7. Yoseiri

Yeah, I'm really lazy that's why all of my drawing that drawn by pencil always look messy

8. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

That's messy?
    Yep, definitely never showing my doodles to anyone ever.

I really like the style.

Rima and Yoseiri like this.
  9. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Looks pretty nice, line work is a bit messy and shading could be amped up a bit.
    The style and over all idea towards your work is fairly nice, but you can still work on it.
    Try a lighter pencil for initial outlines and use a "B" pencil for shading darker areas. The lighter pencil will allow you to easily do line corrections and the "B" pencil will allow easy shading almost like charcoal.

The second post is better, but the line work needs some improvement. The bunny girl looks the best, I especially like the hair, your use of a narrow neck for the characters also gives a more feminine stature to them.
    Over all, great work! I hope to see some more work from you in the future!

Yoseiri and Crossfang like this.
  10. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

That's definitely not messy.
    And don't argue with me, I am a leftie.
    That being said, it is pretty good.
    The only problem I would say is that it's just missing something...
    not sure what, but it feels lacking.

11. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

That doesn't help pretty much..
    Also, what's the thing being a lefty?
    Im also a lefty, and I dont get it.
    Unless your talking about the smudges when doing sketches with a pencil ,which btw, can be remedied.
    They're talking about the lines in case you dont know.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  12. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

I know it doesn't help, but it's good :p
    totally not at all better than anything I can do
    But I smudge a lot as a matter of fact.
    My writing is unrecognizable...

13. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I'll give you a tip on that.
    Try puting a piece of paper under your drawing hand, and just move it along whenever you draw stuff.
    Works everytime.:catnod:

14. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

I'm ambidextrous I suppose, I was raised right handed but was supposed to be left handed. Now I hold my pencil right handed but like a lefty so I smudge when using a pen lol.

15. Yoseiri

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ye, I bought some stuff and some new pens too
    Also I watched too many horror films yesterday so I accidently drew a demon doll
    [​IMG]

HueHuey and お茶Mi's like this.
  16. お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

i love that card it's so adorable <3

HueHuey likes this.
  17. Yoseiri

On the last post I said I just bought some new pens so I tried some of them out
    [​IMG]

18. Yoseiri

Tfw it's april fools day but you have nothing better to do than just chillin' with your pet
    [​IMG]
    (if you wonder who is he then he's just a random dude)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  19. Yoseiri

Here's a redraw of the angel
    [​IMG]
    With PaintsChainer
    [​IMG]

Crossfang likes this.
  20. Yoseiri

[​IMG]