Ramdom Disasters

Discussion in 'Other' started by BloodyGunsBr, Mar 3, 2012.

1. BloodyGunsBr

BloodyGunsBr Master Chief

Maybe add some ramdom events when exploring certain kinds of planets where there'd be earthquakes, tsunamis, volcan eruptions and things like that?

For example, on a planet full a vulcans you've been exploring, there would be a very small chance of them erupting, making lava flow from one of the sides of the screen. Then the player could have a item to maybe "surf" on the lava or just fly over it. The lava would travel just a certain distance and maybe get blocked by a certain material. Maybe later there'd be rain or something else to transform the lava into a solid or something.

The Tsunami would work on blue-ish planets with oceans. Very small chance of happenning, but then it would come from a ramdom side of the screen filling it with water so the character would have to swim. There would be itens like scuba tanks and under-water torpedos for use. After a certain amount of time the water level would start to go down.

Maybe even add meteor showers that'd deal some damage?

If these would happens in your homeworld, you'd be able to build certain structures to help you block and survive those accidents. Maybe underwater bases or bunkers.

I think natural disasters would be a really cool thing to be added to the game. Hope you guyz like my suggestion.

Vininator likes this.
  2. Vininator

Vininator Void-Bound Voyager

I'd think that this is an obvious implementation... But yea. definitely required!

3. ShadeWolf

ShadeWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This sounds like a nice idea, well thought out too.

I think that depending on the rarity of the disasters, they could get quite annoying (Assuming they are fairly common). But if they would be rare, they could add a nice touch of realism to the game.

This certainly has my support.

4. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There was some thread about it, but i agree in 100%