1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow Rogues and All-Seeing Knights

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Guest0241525, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

While we've managed to have some more personal experience with the world of Starbound as of 1.0, and the lore books gave us a pretty clear image of each race's society, these two knightly orders of the Glitch seemed mostly unaccounted for. We know of their existence thanks to NPC encounters, but they weren't mentioned anywhere in the lore books, and they weren't present in the main story.

Aside from what we can tell at first sight (such as Rainbow Rogues being cute and awesome, and All-Seeing Knights being eccentric and creepy), what do you imagine involvement of either of these groups in the world of Starbound to be like?

2. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

From what I've seen, Rainbow Rogues generally present themselves as these archetypic, heroic knights - all about protecting innocents and fighting dangerous beasts and villains.

All-Seeing Knights on the other hand, despite evidently being a more jokey faction, bear a strong stylistic resemblance to Occasus - perhaps they could've briefly teamed up for some joint operations, for extra derangement, extra eye motifs and extra purple. Of course, they probably wouldn't actually like each other much and really, they'd be ready to betray one another at any time, especially with Occassus's hatred of all things non-human. I imagine any partnership would've been purely pragmatic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
  3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I would like to see some Rainbow Rogue microdungeons (friendly of course), some expansion on the All-Seeing Knights. A Mission involving the either might be cool, or bigger temples full of 'em as rare full-sized dungeons.