1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Rail Platform Pops Off [Bug Report/and/or/Feedback]

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ekoto, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

So not sure if this is a bug or a feature but pressing E over the Composite Rail Platform causes it to pop off and be put into your inventory.
    This seems like a bad idea for people who want to make elevators on multiplayer servers only to have people unknowingly pop the elevator's platform off.

Knight9910 likes this.
  2. Alphasoldier

Alphasoldier Phantasmal Quasar

I agree with this, usually I make platforms move with a button next to the platform and it's too easy to pick up the platform instead. Sorta makes me wonder if it was playtested at all.
    I suggest disabling the interacting and making sure the only way of removing platforms is by making them go off the platform, or remove the rail from under it.

Knight9910 and Ekoto like this.
  3. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

Or perhaps just using the Matter Manipulator to remove it like everything else.... which is what i originally assumed was how you would remove it..
    But yeah... I also use buttons. its way to easy to press the platform when your pressing E on accident...

Knight9910 likes this.
  4. Alphasoldier

Alphasoldier Phantasmal Quasar

I do think this is technically impossible, seeing there's not a single 'entity' that you can remove with the matter manipulator. And the platform IS an entity, not a block, much alike to the boat that has a 'platform' you can stand on; which you return with a ball. The only thing you'd do with a matter manipulator when you're trying to remove it, would be to remove the rail it'd currently be on.
    Regardless, the platform breaks automatically once it shoots off the rails, and IMO that works good enough.

5. Knight9910

Knight9910 Existential Complex

Agreed with this a million times. I have a foundry/mine on a magma planet and a big elevator going from my island to the mine deep under ground... I keep worrying I'm going to try to hit my button, grab my platform by mistake, and fall to my death. :p

(I actually found this thread looking for a way to deactivate the "press E to grab" thingy. I was sure there was no way the devs could've overlooked this, but guess I was wrong.)

6. Bandus

Bandus Big Damn Hero

I agree with this as well. I constantly am accidentally ripping off my composite rail platforms trying to press E to hit the button to make it move. Please change this!

7. Ferid

Ferid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Bump* This needs to be addressed.

8. Knight9910

Knight9910 Existential Complex

For the time being, there is a mod on Steam Workshop that fixes this, that you can use until Chucklefish gets their shit together.

9. izzymaxwell

izzymaxwell Void-Bound Voyager

Bump!

Yes, this is really bothering me. Totally agree with Ekoto.

10. Armitage

Armitage Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have an elevator going around my ship and anyone can just steal the platforms. Same goes for protected planets. Playing on vanilla server so I have no way to prevent this :(