Racial Homeworlds :: Avos, and the likes.

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Daedalon, Dec 23, 2013.

?

Would you like to see Lore-based Homeworlds for each race?

1. Yes, that sounds great!

94.7%
  2. Meh.. I wouldn't disagree, but it isn't essential.

5.3%
  3. Nope.avi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Daedalon

Daedalon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was traveling in deep space, on my way to coordinates for an apex town, when I was reading some lore on the races. Seeing this lore made me question where I could find the home system for each, and whether or not they would have the characteristics explained in the stories. Much to my displeasure, Homeworlds DO NOT exist. I say this is a must have, adding in places like the previously infested Earth, the Apex's homeworld with the Mini-Knog and such, Avos, and the several other planets/star systems shown in the captivating lore drawn out by the devs. Oh. PS: I bought Starbound 2 weeks ago. Already my 3rd most played game out of them all, only topped by Garry's Mod and Team Fortress 2.

Bottom line
    ----------------------------
    ADD RACIAL HOMEWORLDS!

2. Slug

Slug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah. Love this idea. 10/10.

3. Squiver

Squiver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The idea is awesome but one issue with it is the fact that many of the "homeworlds" for races are inherently hostile. The Apex might let you into their midst with some suspicion, the Hylotl certainly would, but factions like the "main" Florans, or the Kluex Avians? No way jose. So in that instance, what becomes of the world? Do you go in, guns blazing, and destroy the seat of a civilization? How does that look, in a lore sense? Are you barred from entry? Or does the game sort of ignore those particular civilizations altogether?

4. Slug

Slug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes
    Bad
    Yes

5. Squiver

Squiver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Assuming these are answers to my questions, the idea that the game would bar you from entry, and the idea that you would destroy the city, are in opposition to one another.

I'm just saying it's something to consider. The ability to encounter, and kill, the leader of an entire race and the seat of it's civilization with it, destroys the continuity of the game.

6. Daedalon

While I see where you're coming from, I imagined as more of what I like to call a "main story planet".. I'd hope that these worlds later on would become part of the racial questline, such as an Apex overthrowing the MiniKnog, etc. I feel a bit sad when I beat that big jellyfish, The story ends there, there aren't anymore quests or goals to attain. I know they're changing that, but it's only an idea.

7. Daedalon

Sort of like FTL. You can always replay it, and the boss is always there at the end for every new character. Beating a racial ending boss would end the main questline for a character, and they'd be able to simply roam the galaxy exploring freely. Not that you don't do that anyways, but you'd have no quests to maintain.

8. skruffythehobo

skruffythehobo Void-Bound Voyager

this is probably the most amazing idea ever you know ow i found this topic i googled is there an avos city and found it the answer is yes just yes you should im sure all of us would agree and to all you guys asking about what would become of it thats up to you haha all im saying this game is great i already have as much hours as in terraria and i played the hell out of that game this is truly a great idea to add homeworlds in

9. NoTimeForStalin

NoTimeForStalin Pangalactic Porcupine

I think that this would be a great idea, but not as a "visitable" world. What I mean by that is it could be shown in a sort of "cutscene" before you start the game instead of just being placed on your ship with only the codex for a backstory.
    PS, I already made a thread on race specific bosses that you might want to check out.

10. Chipy45

Chipy45 Intergalactic Tourist

I think this would be an awesome idea, maybe the planets can be sort of like a hub world for new racial quest lines. The only problem I see is with ones like Avos, the leaders aren't going to let grounded in, and I'm assuming that you play as a grounded(not sure because I only just got the game and am already hooked but haven't been able to get that far), but maybe it would just require a quest to get in, like a quest to go to an Avian temple and get converted or something. This could also lead into a new racial quest line, maybe a promise to convert people and set up temples on planets or be banned from the planet or sacrificed to Kluex.