1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Racial Crafting & Printing 1.8.1

Craft & Print racial furniture

1. InsanityPie

InsanityPie Phantasmal Quasar

Im going to be honest, this mod needs some major rebalancing since the recipes for everything are way to high. Not only that but from what my tests with this showed you use the pixels for crafting that was removed from starbound a long time ago, if you need a reference for a racial crafting mod that did things right look up tedlils and see if you can gets some ideas from a balanced reference point to improve on yours.

Other then that keep up the good work! I see that your vilagant on keeping your mod up to date so with some rebalancing and a few tweaks here and there this can be REALLY popular

2. Tremerion

Tremerion Existential Complex

Thank you for this insight. This mod took me like two weeks of work after coming back from my shifts at mcdonalds. When I finish my current work on mods I will go back to this mod.

3. Astasia

Astasia Pangalactic Porcupine

Seems like this might be a useful mod, but it currently still has some major issues.

[23:12:49.761] Error: UniverseServer: error during world create: (ObjectException) Unknown objectType 'noisy' constructing object 'florandrum4'

[23:19:22.322] Error: UniverseServer: error during world create: (ObjectException) Unknown objectType 'noisy' constructing object 'apexrecordplayer'

These errors cause worlds to fail to load, I'm guessing that object type changed with the last patch, but this mod uses the old data for all these objects? Likely anything that can play a sound has this issue.

The mod also causes most of the jars and other breakables found in dungeons and such to drop "Perfectly Generic Items" instead of pixels and whatnot.

I don't like how this removes all these items from the normal printing system, it takes a lot away from the game IMO. I thought this would be an alternative for when you had trouble finding something on your own, then you could drop 5k pixels on that specific racial printer and grab them from there. This mod essentially removes the scanning and printing mechanic from the game though, there is almost nothing you can find in the game that can be scanned with this mod.

I think this also makes tesla spikes collectible and gives them a price, which is a balance issue with the new selling mechanic. A single large lab dungeon has like 25k pixels worth of tesla spikes in it, that's the actual price you get after selling them, the base value is well over 100k.

Drunken Rock Lee likes this.
  4. Tremerion

Thanks for your insights. I plan to remodel whole mod

5. Tremerion

Next update:
    Objects will be scannable again(I blocked it before to prevent mess in ship's 3D Printer).
    Prices for printing objects will be changed to new Colony-update pricing.
    Crafting will cost half of the resources then before or even less.

Progress:
    Apex - done
    Avian - done
    Floran - done
    Glitch - done
    Human - done
    Hylotl - done

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  6. Tremerion

Tremerion updated Racial Crafting & Printing with a new update entry:

Update 1.5

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Tremerion

From short testing it seems this mod works on Glad Giraffe. No need to update it for now.

8. Tremerion

9. Great

Great Space Hobo

I tried it on my current character,can't spawn the glitch crafting table,even with admin command.

This mod work with TSW weapon,right?

10. Tremerion

Yes, my all mods are compatible with each other.
    If you are using my Galactic Shops, you can buy racial crafting tables in Special Shop

11. Nancok

Nancok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Damn, why the devs didnt make this? this mods solves a big game limitation

12. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

Hello, I like your mod very much. Could you make crafting tables for the wooden set and the outpost set, please?

13. Tremerion

You can use my other mod Galactic Shops to buy or craft Furniture Shop to buy furniture objects inside, wooden and outpost sets and much more :)

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/galactic-shops.3087/

Hen likes this.
  14. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

Thanks alot! I'm a Little bit concernd, is this mod more like cheating? I wanted the furniture to build easier at the end game, but not too easy. Sorry, thats difficult to explain for me.

15. Tremerion

I do not consider this as cheating, because you need to spend your money/pixels on stuff, seems immersive to me :)

16. Tremerion

Tremerion updated Racial Crafting & Printing with a new update entry:

Post-Launch update

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Tremerion

18. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

I agree, specially with the specific furniture needed for the main quest. I'd immediatly install this mod if you could only print furniture that was previously scanned.

19. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Can you please explain how to instal it ? iv' mod my game since yesterday and i dont have problem with .pak mod but i dont find hjow to make folder mod work x'(.

thx if reply

20. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Drop the entire folder in the mods folder. :) (not the contents, but the folder itself, unless there are subfolders with different mod versions)