1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Race suggestion: A sound based race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cosmicdreamer751, Jul 8, 2017.

Tags:
?

did you like this idea?

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

50.0%
  1. Cosmicdreamer751

Cosmicdreamer751 Intergalactic Tourist

Hello there, i been thinking of a new race for starbound for a while and since tiyuri said he looking for a original concept for a race. I thought why not a sound based race?. I had this idea when i was watching regular show season 7 episode 23 garys synthesizer. In it gary is a sound based entity that exist due to a certain vibration of the synthesizer, and his entire race as well. So that should not be an original concept for a race?
    For an idea for the culture e could be an cyberpunk one in with the society is divided into the people venerates harmonious music like classical music and tradicional music and later appeared rebelious people like music who the fist people consider discord music like rock,heavy metal and punk rock.
    In a serie know as ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK? there is also an episode with season 5 episode 9 "The Tale of the Unexpected Visitor" in with the sinopsis says Using equipment belonging to Jeff's father, who's working on a special space project, two friends send some of their music into space. This attracts the attention of an alien creature who has received their message. in this episode show that this alien creature uses music as an means of comunication. Using this as a premisse we could euse the instruments we found in the universe to open this sound based race dungeons doors or to solve puzzles giving more use to instruments in the game!
    there is also an game series called ar tonelico in with exists an race called Reyvateils: The Reyvateils (レーヴァテイル, Reevateiru?, lit. "Revatail") are a special race of people who have the power of transforming sounds into energy, but more strictly speaking, they are artificial life forms created with the most advanced technology in Sound Science. They are composed of organic matter, much like the proteins of the human body. these people can read Hymmnos Language a language used in songs to make sound magic: (Song Magic, 詩魔法?, lit. "utamahou") is the kind of magic that is executed through singing, which allows the singer to convert their emotions into energy that can be used for manifesting their fantasies in the real world in order to attack, support or heal.)
    this sound race could use sound technology to solidify sound to make their homes. And they sound based bodies could be something close to a race in the game meteos called Layazero in with the game describe their planet: "It's unclear whether this holographic planet is real or an illusion. Layazeroes draw strength from holographic designs.". with this thought the sound people could have an holograpic body that draws strength from sound?
    this these thoughts i can see that people only managed to scratch the surface of a truly real sound race. With give chucklefish the oportunity of making a truly original sound race. What the community think of this idea? what the starbound developers think of this idea?Can someone who like the ideia make some concept art to support this idea? Cause i looked in the internet and did not found no picture of a sound race. And if someone give some suggestion to turn the idea better i should appreciate it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
  2. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

You probably should've posted this in the suggestions subforum.

3. Cosmicdreamer751

Cosmicdreamer751 Intergalactic Tourist

i never posted im a forum in my entire life this is the fist time i thought i have posted it in the suggestion. Im sorry