Quotes, catchphrases, etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Squid, Mar 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything"
    - Wyatt Earp

2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

A few famous sayings from Sun Tzu who is known for Art of War.

"You must listen to the words of Sun-Tzu. If you will not listen to the words of Sun-Tzu, one third of your army will die, one third of your army will desert you and one third of your army will point at you and accuse you of being obsessed with dividing everything by three."
    "It is not a victory unless you say `Jumanji´."
    "Know what your enemies are afraid of. They will retreat, and you will destroy them without fighting any lawsuits."
    "What does not kill you will hurt a lot."
    "Enemies are bad, we are good - therefore nobody will mind if we do horrible things to them."
    "Choose rock every time. It is unbeatable. Except for paper."
    "Losing a war is the surest path to defeat in war."
    "You shall not win a war by reading The Art Of War alone. You must also assemble an army, do some fighting, that sort of thing."

Jareix Cryvix and Iffydust like this.
  3. lemon flavoured

lemon flavoured Aquatic Astronaut

Describing Offensive line play in American Football: "It's like ballet performed by elephants" - Mike Carlson.

4. Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

"Sucking at something is the first step to being really awesome at something." -Jake, Adventure Time.

5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

"Send another pigeon motherf*ucker" - Mike Tyson

Probably one of my favorite quotes.

lemon flavoured likes this.
  6. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

"Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe… maybe. I've yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet." - Heavy, TF2
    *hops into a turret to mow down a horde of enemies* 'It's like Christmas in December! ... wait a minute." - Me

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  7. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

"Hodor." -Hodor, Game of Thrones.

8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

"Most people don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply."
    -Stephan covey

9. Ironbeak

Ironbeak Big Damn Hero

Muhammad Ali was a quotable guy.

lemon flavoured and The Squid like this.
  10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Oooooh! A treasure chest! I wonder wha- AH ITS EATING ME! "

- Everyone who encounters a Mimic in dark souls for the first time. -

11. Zerukoba

From Dungeon & Dragons
    Meaning you can have these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Assumes fetal position

13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

"The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee."
    - The Hammer Book of Tenet (opening quote for Mission XII: Strange Bedfellows from Thief: The Dark Project)​

14. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

"Instead of taking it slow, i'd better go with this flow - so let's climb the debris, and i will let them all see, i am so foxy! Yeah-eah-eah! I am so foxy!" - Penny the Awesomenaut's theme

15. Zerukoba

I still need to get that DLC and the other one. The Dragon's theme is just great as well.

It is like a Saturday morning cartoon theme song.

Awesomenauts is the only game I can think of (a MOBA on top of that) where every single character get their own theme song and a remix on top of that. I honestly believe most of the game size comes from the music alone.

Edit: for the sake of staying on topic here is Nibbs backstory:

She literally kill people for candy.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix and Bonabopn like this.
  16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down."
    -Mary poppins.

17. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

nibbs' voice is cute too ^u^
    http://awesomenauts.gamepedia.com/Nibbs/Information

18. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Don't quote me, but if nobody quotes you, you probably haven't said a thing worth saying..."
    "It's time we stop waiting for someone to save us and start saving ourselves..."
    "We've grown addicted to the things we hate, but we can't stop because that's how we've been herded like cattle for profit..."
    "Don't ask what you can do for your country, ask what your country did to you..."
    "Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit (no pity for the majority)"
    "KMFDM Sucks!"
    -(all) KMFDM

I would also throw in some Rammstein, but I don't feel like translating all of it.
    "Ladies, I'll just make it clear for y'all... Men only have three essentiall needs. Eating, sleeping, and s*x... That's it!"
    "Here's your sign..."
    -Bill Engval

"Resistance is futile..." -many many sci-fi aliens....
    "Resistance is futile!" - The Vogon

"Lord, lord
    That greed, it'll kill ya
    Lord, lord
    Go on pass the hat, will ya
    Yer purse strings are tight
    Bleed for a sinner
    I just need a few pennies more!
    A few pennies more..."
    -Hobo clown (the devils carnival)

"My disciples! God hath given us fifteen *drops tablet* Ten Commandments!" -Moses/Mel Brooks

"This is my BOOM STICK!" -Ash

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    HunterC1998 likes this.
  19. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" -Mike Tyson

The Squid and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  20. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Oh boy, this is the thread I've saved this quote for. This is from the anime Fate Zero, it has a lot of other inspirational and/or philosophical quotes that I think are worth listening to:

"And there you go. You heard her Iri. Our Heroic Spirit over there considers a battlefield to be better than Hell. What a joke. A battlefield is Hell itself. There's no hope to be had on one. There is nothing but unspeakable despair. Just a soulless crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated. But humanity has never recognized this truth. And the reason is that, in every era, a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends, and kept them from seeing the evil of bloodshed they bring. True human nature has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age."
    -Kiritsugu Emiya

Sorry for quality...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Sh4dowWalker96 and Jareix Cryvix like this.