Modding Help Quick question about modding!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Brentc333, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Brentc333

Brentc333 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know how to make my mods folder and do the bootstrap directory but when I make my own mods, how do I make it so people can craft my stuff from the beginning without them manually editing their player.config file? I made my new crafting table with items and recipes, but how do I get it so they can have those recipes craftable to make the table in the beginning WITHOUT them having to go in and type a new line to make the recipe available?

2. Brentc333

Brentc333 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bump, anyone?

3. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

Make the new crafting table crafted via stone furnace. stone furnace doesn't need recipes to be added in player.config. Also, V. Offended Koala no longer requires you to edit bootstrap.

4. aabreur

aabreur Void-Bound Voyager

You can place a custom player.config on the same relative path as assets/player.config
    if you placed "mods/mymod" on bootstrap.config, your file should be "mods/mymod/player.config" - but the player should know that his original config would be overwritten.

Or you can make players learn the blueprint when picking up a item:
    Code:
    {
      "itemName" : "ghoulrockore",
      "rarity" : "Common",
      "inventoryIcon" : "ghoulrockore.png",
      "description" : "These are evil but powerful ores.",
      "shortdescription" : "GhoulRock Ore",
      "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [ "ghoulrockbar", "ghoulrocksword", "ghoulrockskull", "ghoulrockpants", "ghoulrockchest"]
    }