1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Question] Is there a way to save a "spawn point"?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Attribule, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As the title implies, so far when I Save and Quit, then resume my game I spawn right back at my ship.. which is a problem when I've settled -- or tried to settle in an area some ways away from my planet's initial spawn point, so every time I get back on my character I have to walk all the way back there.

Any way to set a spawn point to a specific area on a planet, or is it set in stone?

2. God Emperor

God Emperor Void-Bound Voyager

right now you don't have the tech for it, I have been told that home beacons are later game best to build your home where your ship drops you!

3. Erkipsi

Erkipsi Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, I'm looking forward to being able to set spawn... it would be nice if your spawn was wherever you last slept.

PoeticRain likes this.
  4. Manaricelle

Manaricelle Yeah, You!

Ah, boo. I built my house a ways off! I didn't know that spawn points weren't movable. Oh well, maybe later then!

5. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Did you seriously just do this.

Rezec and Farathil like this.
  6. shakey2

shakey2 Cosmic Narwhal

Alternative temporary option is to install fully customizable ship mod and take you home with you.

7. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

We wish, especially when pvp is involved. Spawn kills are highly likely.
    Also if you build on top of where you spawn, you spawn inside the blocks.
    Beaming down is wonky atm. Something that will be fixed later.

8. Jco

Jco Space Penguin Leader

It will be in the game at launch, but is not implemented at this stage of beta.
    Sorry to say you won't be able to do it right now, but I hope you're happy to know that the developers agree that it is necessary, and will be including it :)

redfoxpacker likes this.
  9. Hydranium

Hydranium Void-Bound Voyager

im trying out the unstable(bugs and glitches i am ready for) but every time i teleport down to the planet surface, it is in a different place, i have circumnavigated the planet many times because of this, anyone else having this issue?

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Why did you necro this topic.

11. FearfulFloof

FearfulFloof Scruffy Nerf-Herder

only once, and i think it's because i put blocks over my spawn point. i'm going to test this a bit, might be a new bug.

12. Daman616

Daman616 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does nobody but me know about the commands? Type /admin which will give admin privileges to you, you do not need to put your name after just type /admin
    After that type /setspawnpoint, it wont give any response in chat like the /admin command so don't be afraid that it didn't work (this works on servers if given admin privileges)

13. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

How sure are you that the command existed over a year ago?

14. PoeticRain

PoeticRain Void-Bound Voyager

-I'm building my base about 30 steps from a spawn point. I did not modify the ground or anything at all where I spawned (just set a torch that didn't affect it for a few days), and suddenly I started spawning in a completely different place on the other side of the planet. Now that seems to be the new spawn point for me. I haven't been able to recreate the event yet; it's only happened on the planet I set as Home.

15. IFartPocpron

IFartPocpron Void-Bound Voyager

You can set up a flag at your house.

You'll then be able to teleport to it from your ship.

16. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Come on this thread is 2 years old from before the game was officially released...

lazarus78 likes this.
  17. M.Perruque

M.Perruque Void-Bound Voyager

Or you keep a flag in your inentory to respawn where you leave.

18. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This is a necro'd thread from an earlier build.

You appear at the location you quit now when you load a save, plus there are flags and teleporters to create a spawn point, the initial spawn point needs to be invalidated for it to move.