REQUEST Question about tillable grass.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Sennet, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Is that what the jargon in the stickied mod here is trying to teach my feeble mind to do? Or, if not, is there a mod out there that already does this without completely changing the farm layout? Super sorry for asking this if it's like some mod that was before my eyes the whole time and I happened over it accidentally! :disshappy:

If there isn't then I'll just put my orchard on the grass and rearrange my farming layout a bit.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Tillable grass is a tile property, so nobody has ever seen a need to make a SMAPI mod for it, although one could quite easily be made...

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Would it take unpacking the grass.xnb and fiddlydoodah-ing around with it? Because I don't have the programs to open those files inside. It's not a huge deal, was just making sure I wasn't glancing over a mod on here that already did that, possibly.

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, you need to open the farm.xnb, i.e. unpack it with xnb node, then edit the resultinb .tbin with Tide and adjust the tilesheet property for every grass tile (there are like 15 or some such, full grass, little bit of dirt to the left, to the right, up, down, corners, more dirt, half grass, etc)

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I'll look into it tomorrow and see if I can manage it! Thanks so much for the explanation, I wouldn't have even known where to start. I'll have my backup files at the ready just in case I wonk something up.

Appreciate it!

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

UPDATE: Okay, so I have tIDE but when I click to "Open" a file within it, I go to the folder I am keeping the unpacked .tbin and it's blank. In other words, it's not allowing me to open a .tbin file within tIDE. I am supposed to run this through tIDE.exe right?

Just a little confused at the moment and would appreciate some clarification if anyone can give it! :V

• TenkoKuugen

you need to have the tilesheets in the same folder, the ones that are listed in the .yaml that came with the .tbin
                most likely paths.png and spring_outdoors.png or something to that effect. I forgot, I have just all the tilesheets and all the maps unpacked in one folder

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, that didn't seem to work. Hm, I'm unsure if maybe I am simply using this program incorrectly. I'm doing what you said, but everything I touch slowly dies, soooooo.

• TenkoKuugen

If you don't post any error messages how are we supposed to help you?
                    Saying "it doesn't seem to work" is #1 of the most unhelpful things to say imaginable.

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

There are no "error messages." The folders holding my unpacked files just simply appear empty when I open them through tIDE.exe so it's not that I'm being ambiguous, or lacking in the details.

If you need the steps I take in pic form to get what I mean, here. I unpacked almost every file from my game in this folder.
                      Capture.PNG

Here is what I'm doing in tIDE.exe
                      Screenshot (10).png

Here is what shows up in the SAME folder as the first spoiler.
                      Cap1ture.PNG

• TenkoKuugen

Oh boy are you gonna feel silly after this, wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
                        your files have the extension .tbin
                        your tide is looking for "tide map files" aka .tide
                        see how .tide and .tbin is not the same thing? You need to select "tide binary map" aka .tbin in what files it should be looking for

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, how do I do that exactly, making it look for .tbin files instead of .tide ones?

This is why I said I had a feeling I was using it wrong. :rofl:

• TenkoKuugen

What OS is that even? Windows XP? Are you a time traveler from 2008?
                            I am not your nanny holy cow.jpg

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Ya really got me there, bud. Time traveler I am, indeed.

imageedit_20_4047456528.png

And now I see what I did wrong, I'm a dingus. I appreciate the help, thanks.