1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

question about starting planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Darvok, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Darvok

Darvok Aquatic Astronaut

Hi everyone,
    I haven't played starbound for a lont time and now i've seen that many things are changed ( and the game is really better ).
    But my question is... why all the new characters begin in the same planet that has been already visited by my previous ?
    There's no more the random spawn of all the planet?

2. Lazy Joe

Lazy Joe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

all characters start on the same planet now.

3. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is the rest of the universe randomly generated?

4. Lazy Joe

Lazy Joe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they are, and if you got tired of the universe, you can delete or move away the universe/planets file in your starbound folder to force the game to generate a new one.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The game actually scans around the universe for a system based on criteria. Must have a "garden" biome satellite, must have a desert planet, and must have an ancient gate (Which are in all systems but I expect this to change in the future.

I spent the better part of yesterday figuring out how the universe is generated.

Tamorr and lol00007 like this.
  6. lol00007

lol00007 Space Penguin Leader

True

7. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

All of your characters start in the same planet in the same universe, which means if you've mined the starter planet out of resources you'll have difficulty finding more. Also sucks if you spawn on a reeeeealy small planet like I did.

I would recommend leaving a bunch of pre-mined core fragments in a crate on your starting world so new characters can find somewhere else in the system to get iron, wood, etc.