Modding Help Question About Dialogue Priority

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AstroEllipse, Aug 2, 2017.

1. AstroEllipse

AstroEllipse Void-Bound Voyager

I have a few questions about how dialogue is chosen... feel free to answer one or all, or none. I can get by without knowing this, even if I have to take the long way around on some things.

1. It's stated in the Stardew Valley wiki that "If multiple dialogues are eligible, the game prioritizes by the following:
    1. marriage status;
    2. preface;
    3. suffix;
    4. in-law status;
    5. day of month;
    6. year;
    7. heart level;
    8. day of week"
    I can't even explain how confused I am by this.

2. Why do things like Rainy_Night_4 need to be assigned numbers but others like patio_Penny don't?

3. Why is something like the 14 in summer_14 treated as a day of the month, but not something like Indoor_Day_4?

4. A more specific question: Is it possible to create a pool of possible dialogue dependent on season that would have the same chance of showing up as any of the dialogue that would usually show up? (the ones prefaced with Indoor_Day_0, and things of the like)

Any help would be appreciated... sorry if any of these are obvious, or sound stupid to ask, I'm new to all this... But I do want to learn how this stuff works, and not have to come asking for help every time I hit a bump.

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • The Grabbing Goblin

The Grabbing Goblin Tentacle Wrangler

• AstroEllipse

AstroEllipse Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the reply, but I've already read through the entirety of the dialogue section of that doc at least four times. I guess I didn't make it clear that I understand for the most part what separate key values mean, my main problem is how they work together with different keys. That guide doesn't actually mention anything about the way the game chooses which dialogue to display, it only mentions what some of the different keys mean. But, thank's for trying to help anyways! The response is appreciated. ^^

• The Grabbing Goblin

The Grabbing Goblin Tentacle Wrangler

Ok. I didn't know if it would help. It's the ony guide I know of!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I tried as best I could to explain your questions in the quote above using bold, I hope it helps.