1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Declined: Ship Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Aurakiel, Jul 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aurakiel

Aurakiel Space Spelunker

So a friend of mine wasn't paying attention and declined her first ship upgrade quest. It took riddling out exactly what she did to come to this point. Does anyone know of a way she can get the quest again (it's not letting her get more crew because her ship is too small). I've told her to just try buying a fake licence but Penguin Bay, apparently isn't open for her yet. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Tell her to start a new character and get that character up to that point. Penguin Bay seemingly only pops up once you get two crew members and then upgrade your ship.

3. Aurakiel

Aurakiel Space Spelunker

I wasn't sure when he showed up because I honestly wasn't paying attention. She started another character because we'd ran out of options. Thank you for the reply!
    --- Post updated ---
    Figured it out. We can just spawn her a fake licences with the admin commands. It's handy when you need it.

4. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah i have to say they really need to overhaul that quest decline thing. I had a minor quest from a floran in a village that wanted like.. 10 copper bars or something. I wanted to see if i had them on me, and if so i would just take the quest and hand it in. Easy. But when i closed the box it counted as declined and the quest was gone. This shouldn't be the case. If you click the Decline button it should go away, sure, but just closing the dialogue box no.

And yes, i know i can just accept every quest and drop the ones i don't want to do. This is more pointing out a pretty big design flaw rather than trying to figure out a work around.

5. Aurakiel

Aurakiel Space Spelunker

I declined a quest the other day because I was in the middle of something thinking I could just pick it up again later and was greatly disappointed when that quest giver's icon vanished for good so I feel you there. Another quest did open up from another NPC though so I'm hoping if I do the run around for him later it may pop up again.

6. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can decline quests?
    All I've ever seen is 'decline' button is disabled, and I have to press 'accept' button to close the window; figured it was a new feature that wasn't implemented yet.

[​IMG]

7. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

I've never seen a disabled decline button.

Do you mean the red color? That's just a color to get your attention as a warning. That doesn't mean it's disabled.

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Usually the red is slightly faded when the decline button is disabled. As far as I know, all main storyline quests have this button disabled.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  9. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

incorrect. penguin bay opens when you complete the floran mission.

since its a way to upgrade your ship without crew, it'd be super silly if it was gated behind having crew

edit: oh this thread is old. well, the more you know