1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Purple Dirt Dropping Brown Dirt.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Forcedminer, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

not sure how many types of dirt this effects....but mining this purple..."grade" dirt drops brown dirt.
    believe it also affects the slightly red shade of dirt

please see the two images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

humorous. not the most serious of bugs.
    irritated. unless you try to build a farm of level out some land.

2. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

Confirm this was happening with my reddish dirt.

3. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Sure this isn't an intended change? They may have removed colored dirt so that all dirt stacks in your inventory regardless of where it was dug.

You can re-color dirt, if you need colored dirt for any reason, using the Paint tool of your Matter Manipulator.

AntiStoned likes this.
  4. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

wait......you can paint dirt?
    i never even tried that....boy does that remind me of the simpsons

[​IMG]
    "Yeah we ran out of floorboards so we just painted the dirt. Pretty Clever!" - Moe

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I certainly hope it is a bug rather than intended behavior. It will make landscaping on planets with different terrain colors a serious issue if intentional. Not to mention the impact it would have on my Radiant Worlds mod.

6. SnowKate709

SnowKate709 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I believe it was an intentional change, because it also came with a different change that altered the type of sand you use to craft glass with (regular sand is used instead of fine sand, and fine sand was name-changed to loose silt). So in that case the problem comes when you're collecting sand for glass, it would force you to be conscious of the color that sand or the planet it comes from, or you'd otherwise end up with several stacks of loose sand that cannot mix with each other and therefore wind up taking up far more item space than necessary, a similar problem to the one people have with non-stacking food now.

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Um... no. That is not how recipes and materialHueShift values interact. Recipes don't care what color the materials required are unless you specify that specific parameter.

8. Solzucht

Solzucht Void-Bound Voyager

Same problem here.
    Any sand and dirt variations turn into the same samples.
    I heavily dislike it.
    Recepts did work before, so they cant be a matter of that change.
    True different coloured blocks could not stacked, but thats just logical, isnt it?

I really wish back the old way.
    Otherwise i hope for modders to change this if it is intended to be aslike this.
    Just my opinion tough.

9. Fijiboy99

Fijiboy99 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been keeping an active eye on it, it seems intentional, and I've yet to find any mods to bring it back. Quite frustrated by this honestly.

10. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

A mod probably won't happen until after the game goes live a bit. Too hectic right now. Mods I made to tinker with crew and ship broke after a couple days.
    At least we still have the option to paint things. I'm not sure if it gives the same array of colors offhand, but I was able to turn my now-brown dirt back to red again.

11. Mecharian

Mecharian Space Hobo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.