1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Problems with Fishing and Gathering Quests.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Berdyie, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Berdyie

Berdyie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In my current load I'm on the 17th of September, Year 1, and all the Quests I have done previously have worked. However this day I got 2 quests, both a fishing and an ore gathering quest. When trying to turn them in (Largemouth Bass and 25 Copper Ore) both Willy and Clint accept them as gifts, not quest items. This means Clint actually loses happiness.

In every other load, these two types of quests have worked fine. But for some reason both of them don't work, and I'm not sure why. I have restarted the day (closing without saving) multiple times and both Clint and Willy keep accepting the items as gifts and not quest items.

Please help.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Are the items you're trying to turn in for the quest new items; or did you already have them in your inventory?

Fishing, and Gathering quests don't count the ones in storage. For example the ore would need to be dropped on the ground first, and then picked up. The game thinks it's new, and will properly mark the quest. I'm not sure fish are the same, never tested that.

• Berdyie

Berdyie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I figured it out. For the ores (unfortunately, I just ignored that, missing the quest) you are supposed to drop them out of your inventory individually and pick them up. I thought this might be the problem (seeing a 0/25 on the journal) and threw the entire stack of 25 on the ground and picking it up. That didn't work (because you need to do them individually) so I gave up.

The fishing one (Largemouth Bass) I first tried to give Willy the fish (freshly caught? I can't quite remember) but then it gave it to him as a gift. I went out and caught another, and that one worked (because he already accepted a gift)

Strangely enough, in the times where Clint was taking them as gifts (-friendship) he wouldn't accept a stack of 25, even after he took the "gift". I don't know, but that seems a little inconsistent, as Willy did accept it after the "gift".

MysticTempest likes this.