print(Hello World!)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ThatMadCat, May 26, 2013.

1. Jack Nief

Jack Nief Phantasmal Quasar

Howdy do, Mad Cat! Welcome to the Starbound Forums!

2. YukiTrance

YukiTrance Big Damn Hero

Welcome to the forums, Catty cat cat.... (idk. It's late again.)

Reminds me of this.

[​IMG]

ThatMadCat likes this.
  3. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

Damnit how did you know?! :eek:

[​IMG]

But thank you for the welcomes everyone :)

4. ThatMadCat

Hey Mopy! :D I know exactly what you mean about the playing a game to see whether I like it, I usually won't buy a game until I've seen a friend play it, (especially if I'm a little skeptical of it at first) but usually I end up buying it... like, on the spot (it definitely happened with XCOM: Enemy Unknown... I bought it while still watching my mate play it!) but yeah!

SUper Starbound fans! WOOT! :DD hahahahaha!

I listen to the soundtrack an awful lot atm, mixing Bastion, FEZ, Starbound and a little Terraria music makes for good revising music I've found! :DD (But I will definitely check out Sigur Ros, thanks for the suggestion! :up:)

5. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

welcome to the starbound community

6. Sim2k

Sim2k Big Damn Hero

Hmm, as cats go, you are pretty mad. Welcome!

7. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

It is too late now! For I have a cast a curse of doubt upon thee! [Mwahahahaha] But welcome all the same, Cursed non-feline being >=D

...What do you mean I look different, My avatar was always like this! *flees*

ThatMadCat likes this.
  8. ThatMadCat

wait... are you two people melded in mind to work together or are you one person who has had their mind split to double the mischief... I am utterly confuzzled... So I'll just be here wondering what's going on...

[​IMG]

9. Shadow|

Nah... This is [currently] Sakura of a group of interdimensional God-fearing Immortals who are looking to have some good fun. They live in my imagination. :p
    I'll be changing me Avi between them every day for funnsies

Disclaimer: the above is a very inaccurate description, but all the same these Characters, who I own and are mine, are all Awesome and Unique. Each has their own backstory, powers, personality and role within the group.

10. ThatMadCat

Oooohhhhhhhh Ok! :D Sounds like you have an entire cast set out which is always good! :DD

I like having lots of characters to chose from, one of he best parts about Starbound IMO, is that you can play the same race over and over... but just by changing a few things you can make an entirely new character that you can develop however you want throughout the gameplay! I wanna see if it would be at all possible to make the faceless knight character I dreamt up for a story ages ago in Starbound... that'd be so awesome!

11. Shadow|

Well, as I say I'll be changing the Avi every day. Keep your eyes open and you'll quickly see all 7 of them. Sakura's like the Healer of the bunch, and one of the more biologically close to true humans, despite her excellent wingage ;)

12. ArcticQuasar

ArcticQuasar Orbital Explorer

<?php echo("
    <script>
    alert(\"Welcome, {$_POST['new_guy']}!! =D\");
    </script>
    "); ?>

ThatMadCat likes this.
  13. ThatMadCat

That's C (either C-- C++ or C#) right? :DD

14. Annoctatio

Annoctatio Pangalactic Porcupine

alert('OH HELLO :3')
    And welcome to the Starbound forums!

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy your stay.

15. Shadow|

I has no clue, I understood the other one with my most basic knowledge of coding, but this is beyond me. o_O

16. ArcticQuasar

It's PHP outputting some JavaScript. Echo is PHP's version of print(), and alert() is the JS command that makes those annoying dialogs come up on web pages. ^_^
    It only looks complicated because it's nested. =P

17. Annoctatio

It's PHP coupled with JavaScript. :3
    What it produces to the HTML-code would be:

<script>
    alert("Welcome, ThatMadCat !! =D")
    </script>

Which would produce a JavaScript popup with the text "Welcome ThatMadCat !! =D"

EDIT: DAMN! I was too slow. D:

ArcticQuasar likes this.
  18. ThatMadCat

hahahaha Well i only Know Python and a little C (from Unix programming) so this is an awesome insight into some of the other programming languages avaliable! :DD (although it looks overly complicated to say the least for my simple object oriented mind :rofl:)

And Hello! :3 thank you for welcoming me! :DD and @Annoctatio I'm very sure i will :DD

ArcticQuasar likes this.
  19. ArcticQuasar

No problem!
    Btw, if you're ever interested in learning more about web/server oriented languages check out Tizag. That's where I got started. =)

ThatMadCat likes this.
  20. Annoctatio

Also check out Codeacademy. It's got really great tutorials for website scripting and design.

ArcticQuasar and ThatMadCat like this.