print(Hello World!)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ThatMadCat, May 26, 2013.

1. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

Ok, so i guess first things first is to say HI EVERYBODY, and that I am superly (yes that's a word... possible) excited to be part of this community!

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember, (I started with Sega Rally on my first computer when I was no older than 8 (that, coincidentally, is where i found my love of my favourite car in the world; the Lancia Stratos, but that is kinda unrelevant :rofl:) so I've been going a long time) I've played plenty of games of all different genres, but Starbound is looking to be a firm favourite!

I heard about Starbound from a friend while we were playing some multiplayer Terraria... and I've been hooked ever since, some of you might have seen me on Bartwe's streams (tmc_ThatMadCat) and i'm completely and utterly devoted to finding out everything I can, watching videos over and over has gotten almost like a bad habit :rofl:.

I'm also a massive fan of Dance music and Classical music (odd I know) and so I have very much enjoyed the soundtrack as it stands so far and can't wait to hear what else is is store! :D

But yeah... so that's a brief intro (I deleted like 2 paragraphs of drivel :rofl:) and I hope to enjoy your company as much as I have done just looking through everything! :D

Starsly and Bacon like this.
  2. Hello there ThatMadCat! Nice Intro then, welcome to our nice community ;)

I'm Mr.Bacon, the Official Bacon of Starbound. If you ever need some Bacon, just Call Me! :proper:

ThatMadCat likes this.
  3. Welcome to the forum ThatMadCat ! I remember you from Bart's stream indeed ;)
    Have you checked the new tracks Curtis and Solatrus did ? They are not yet in the soundtrack, but it will come :3
    Anyway I hope you will enjoy your stay here with us :3

ThatMadCat likes this.
  4. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

Hello, you

ThatMadCat likes this.
  5. Techno9200

Techno9200 Void-Bound Voyager

Welcome ThatMadCat!

p.s. Please don't eat me! :chrono:

ThatMadCat likes this.
  6. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Welcome to the forums, Mad Cat! :)

ThatMadCat likes this.
  7. ThatMadCat

@Meuterion, I hadn't... but i certainly have now! Thank you for the links! :D

and Hello everyone! :D thank you for making me feel so welcome! :D (and dw Techno9200... you name has saved you! (go techno w00t!))

Techno9200 likes this.
  8. Techno9200

thanks! :DD

ThatMadCat likes this.
  9. ThatMadCat

haha np :DD btw, I really like your avatar, looks awesome! You planning on that as your first character when the games released? :)

Techno9200 likes this.
  10. Techno9200

ya! I'm so excited to play as it. :DD

I especially like the concept of the avians and the history of how some are divoted to explore and learn! It says that there are few like that, but I will.

Also, are you playing as your avatar?

ThatMadCat likes this.
  11. ThatMadCat

I really hope to yeah, I always try and do a first run through of almost any RPG or sandbox game that allows it as myself! I will definitely be playing the Avian as soon as i'm done though! I saw a screenshot of the prototype Avian dungeon (the giant purple raven head if you saw it) and instantly went and created it in Terraria I was so hyped about how amazing it looked!

12. Techno9200

I know! :DD This will be an awesome game!

Also, do you think they've created a backstory for the humans yet? I'd like to see how they've envisioned us in the future.

ThatMadCat likes this.
  13. ThatMadCat

I really hope they have/do soon, but I'm really looking forward to the Hytol lore as well, is gonna be sweet!

on a side note however;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't fit it all on the screen... playing this on a laptop :\

14. Techno9200

Wow! it's a perfect replica! You weren't kidding when you said you made it in terraria!:DD

I really think that dungeons their making are going to be mindblowing! And to think, they have a dungeon for each race!

15. ThatMadCat

Thanks man! :3 took me so long getting all the stuff!

And I know! ahhh, it's gonna be so amazing to explore all these worlds! So excited! :DD

Techno9200 likes this.
  16. ziberoo

ziberoo Spaceman Spiff

def welcome(recipient):
    ■■■print "hello " + str(recipient) + ", I hope you have a great time here!"
    welcome(ThatMadCat)

ArcticQuasar and ThatMadCat like this.
  17. ThatMadCat

^ So much Yes!

18. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Welcome to the forums, fel- wait, you're not a cat! YOU'RE LYING, NO COOKIE FOR YOU!.

19. ThatMadCat

I am too a cat! :eek: I am just using this human guise so I don't arouse suspicion... (but shhhhhh no-one is meant to know!)

20. Hey cat welcome to the community! I know what you mean about SB being a firm favorite. Technically, This is one of the first experiences I've had with being a super fan of a game that has yet to be released, other than titles I was already familiar with. For example, I preordered New Leaf because the AC line hasn't let me down (despite nintendo's recent indiscretions....they better get their shit together again!) and there is little chance I won't like it, but it usually takes me actually playing the game to know if I'll like it or not. I also enjoy classical music, and I think the soundtrack is AMAZING!!! I think there is so much diversity in the soundtrack, and I believe there are more than enough tracks to avoid a repetitive loop. You should listen to sigur ros, I have a feeling you'd really like it, and I sorta think their music can change the world lol. Anyhoo, I'm glad to see another friendly face on the forum. I hope you enjoy it!

ThatMadCat likes this.